The avatars are profile pictures that work to identify an individual within an online community, either WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, etc. You can place a personal photo or an avatar that refers to your tastes or preferences. The important thing is to have a recognizable image in the chat where you are so that you can have an identity within the online games, servers and channels that Discord has.
Therefore, here you will learn how to change the profile photo in Discord whether you want to place an image with excellent resolution or an animated image (GIF) as an avatar within the application. In the same way, the steps to delete profile photos or renew avatars of the servers where you are an administrator will be detailed . In this way you can keep the community updated in both content and image.
Renew profile picture
There is not much complication to change the profile picture on Discord. You just have to previously search for an image, preferably in PNG (with a good resolution and with a minimum of 128×128 ) that you want to place so that they identify you within the platform. Once this is done, you must save it on your computer to later follow these steps:
- Open Discord.
- Click on the gear called ” User Settings ” which is located at the bottom left of the screen.
- In ” My account “, press ” Edit “.
- Click on ” Change avatar “.
- Choose the image of your choice on your computer and press ” Open “.
- You can adjust it if you want. When you’re done, press ” Apply.”
- To finalize the changes, press ” Save “.
The GIF are animated images that are also a preferred option at the time of renewing the profile picture Discord. The detail is that this option is only valid in case you acquireDiscord Nitro. When your contacts review your profile they will generally see a moving photo. For this, you must first find the GIF you like the most and save it on your computer. Once this is done, you will only have to look at these steps to place a GIF as a profile photo :
- Go into EzGIF to resize the GIF and press on “ Resize “.
- Choose ” Select file.”
- Find the GIF on your computer and press “ Upload! ”.
- When the GIF loads, write 100 in both “ Width ” and “ Height ”. This will reduce the GIF to the size allowed by Discord.
- Click on “ Resize image! ”.
- When you have resized, located the GIF, click click right on it and choose ” Save Image As … “.
- Choose a name, make sure it is saved in “ GIF Image ” format and press “ Save ”.
- Open the Discord app . Press ” User Settings “> Edit “.
- Choose ” Change Avatar.”
- Locate the GIF you have saved and select ” Open.” Then press “Save” to save the changes.
Update profile photo of a server
Updating the photo of the servers where you are an administrator is a task that must be done from time to time. You just have to find an image (especially 512×512 ) suitable for the content that is published within the chat and the channels. Once this is done, you must save it in a folder on your computer to perform this step by step:
- When you have opened Discord, locate the server where you are an administrator.
- Press the arrow that is to the right of the name of your server.
- Select ” Server Settings.”
- Click on ” Upload image “. Choose one that you have saved on your computer.
- Adjust it in the bar if you prefer and press ” Apply “.
- Finally, press ” Save changes.”
Delete profile picture
Either for work or personal reasons, if you don’t want to have a profile picture for a while, you can also keep the Discord clip art. This process has the same path as changing the profile photo, but you must select other steps. To detail it, follow the prompts:
- Select the gear labeled ” User Settings.”
- Press ” Edit ” in the “My account” section.
- Press ” Delete.”
- Click ” Save “.
Likewise, if at the moment you do not want to place an avatar on the servers that you manage, you can delete the photo or GIF using a process similar to the previous one. To do this, you just have to pay attention to this route:
- Locate the server where you are an administrator.
- Press the arrow next to their name.
- Click on ” Server Settings “.
- Press ” Delete ” under the avatar icon.
- Click on ” Save Changes.”
Updating the avatars from time to time can bring dynamism to your servers or your personal photos. As you can see, changing your profile picture is a fairly simple alternative within Discord. Also, the process to eliminate them is not complicated since you only have to follow the same path, altering the final steps.