WhatsApp Web is a very useful tool to keep you connected from your computer, even if you don’t have your mobile nearby. Allowing you to download videos, photos or audios received to your PC, either Mac or Windows. Which is very handy for modifying any important details before submitting. However, not all users take advantage of this advantage, as they do not know how to do it.
Well, to download multimedia files from WhatsApp Web you have two alternatives. The first is to open the video, image or audio in question to later download it to the computer. While the second consists of opening the drop-down menu within the same conversation window and selecting the download option. The process is similar on both Windows and Mac. Learn how to do it below.
Download from Windows
To download photos, videos or audios from WhatsApp Web to your PC with Windows Operating System you have two methods. But, you should know that the main requirement to carry out this process is that the file in question is in the conversation. Otherwise you will not be able to download it to the computer. That said, log into your account atweb.whatsapp.com and employs any of the following methods.
Method 1: Open the file
The first method consists of opening the video, audio or photograph that you want to download and clicking on the necessary button. Follow the steps below to know how to do it:
- Click on the conversation from where you want to download the file.
- Tap the photo, audio, or video you want to download.
- Click on the down arrow button.
- This will open a pop-up window, select the destination folder and name the file.
- Press ” Save “.
In this way you will be able to obtain any file stored in WhatsApp and keep it on your computer. Keep in mind that you must have a good Internet connection on both devices for this to be possible. On the other hand, in the case of videos, you should wait for them to be fully loaded in the Web version before proceeding to download them.
Method 2: Download directly from the conversation
The following method is faster than the previous one and you can run it directly from the conversation window, without having to press or open any files on the big screen. Pay attention to the steps that will be mentioned below:
- Opens WhatsApp Web on your computer and find the conversation from which you want to download the file.
- Place the cursor on the message in question and press the icon of the arrow that appears in the bubble of the same.
- Select ” Download.”
- Choose the destination folder and name the file.
- Press ” Save “.
It’s that simple to download videos, photos or audio from WhatsApp Web directly in the conversation.
Download from Mac
The download process for Mac computers is the same as for Windows. Since the WhatsApp Web platform is the same in both Operating Systems. Just go to the website, sync both devices by following the necessary steps in the mobile app menu. Finally, locate the files you want to download in the chat from where they were sent and put into practice the instructions mentioned above.
Advantages of downloading files from WhatsApp Web
Among the advantages of using WhatsApp Web to download files to your computer are the following:
- Play in offline mode : Once you have the files on your computer, you can view them as many times as you want, even if you don’t have an Internet connection.
- View in a higher resolution : Since the PC screen is much larger, it has better resolution and adequate multimedia players to enjoy the content in maximum quality.
- Free up space : .MP4 files take up a lot of space on the cell phone. So downloading them to your computer is a good way to free up space and keep your videos in a safe place.
- Editing : By downloading photos, videos, audio and even documents from WhatsApp Web to your computer, the editing possibilities increase. Well, the desktop version of the programs necessary for this is much better and more complete than mobile applications.
In conclusion, downloading the files received in WhatsApp from the computer is very simple. You just have to make sure you have a good Internet connection on both computers before proceeding to download.