Gmail accounts have an infinite number of uses since in addition to being able to send and receive files through electronic messages, you can also save information in them, such as the contacts you have on your mobile device so that when you change or your smartphone is stolen have no problem getting them back .
Gmail has a large storage capacity, so you should not worry, this will make it a little easier for you to get or save information about your acquaintances. If what you want is to learn how you can do it, here we will show you how you can save the contacts that you already have in your calendar in your Google account.
Either from Gmail itself, from Google contacts or from Android settings, you can see what are the advantages and benefits of why synchronize your contacts with Google, and even how to transfer the numbers that are already in the cloud to your device mobile.
Why sync your contacts with Google to save them? Advantages and benefits
At the moment you are synchronizing your mobile device with the email account, you are creating a synchronization that when you make a change or need to review your contacts or information, you can do it from any other device just by opening your Google account.
Some of the advantages that this system has is that you are not limited when storing your information as it is with SD memory cards, and you can even add personal information from your contacts, whether they are birthdays or their emails to have a more complete database of them .
Another benefit keeps everything in order, so as you add information from your contacts, Google will save it for you in an organized way and always makes sure that you agree with any changes that are being made.
Steps to transfer all the numbers from your phonebook to Google from your Android mobile
Now that you’ve learned the countless benefits of syncing your contacts with Google. We are going to show you how you should do to get those numbers from the cloud to have them on your new Android quickly and easily.
The most important thing of all is that you have to have a Gmail account created to be able to do any of the steps that will be given below:
- In order to import your contacts to your smartphone, you must go to “Settings” or “Settings”.
- Once you have entered the “Settings” or the configuration of your device, you will find where it says “Account”. In that section you should see the applications you have on your device that are linked to your email account, you should look for the option that says “Google”.
- A tab will be displayed with the accounts that you have affiliated with your mobile team, if you do not have any account in the previous tab, you will go to the last option that says “Add account”.
- There you can affiliate the email account that you want to be linked to your device, which in this case will be Google.
- Having selected the account you want to synchronize your contacts, you will see a list in it you must look for the section that tells you “Contacts”, when selecting, the data you have will begin to synchronize.
From Google Contacts
Another way to get the contacts out of your Gmail account is by using the official Google Contacts app . This is nothing more than an agenda that automatically synchronizes all the contacts that you save in it with your cloud storage.
What you should do to get your contacts from her is the following :
- You must go to the application and when you enter, at the bottom you will see a “+” sign . Select it.
- In this option you can add the contacts directly to the Google application, here you can select in which accounts you want your contacts to be saved, if you want to add an image or any additional information to the contact.
- And if what you want is to export contacts from your smartphone to your Google account, enter the contacts menu, look for the “Settings” section
- In the tab that will be displayed, you will go to the “Contact Management” section, here you will see the “import” and “export” options . In this case we choose the second.
- You must select from where you want to export the information if from the SIM or from a VCF file . When you finish the changes, you will be able to see all your contacts in your Google account or on your device without any problem.
How to import the numbers saved in Google to my new Android?
To do this you must verify from where you want to import the information, from the SIM card or from a VCF file. here you can see how to do it both ways:
- You must enter the Google Contacts app and go to the “Settings” menu
- In that window that opened, look for the section that says “Contact Management”
- Here you will see the “Import” option when you select it, the two options will appear if it is from the SIM or a VCF file.
- From the SIM card . If it is from “here” follow the steps that we have just indicated from the SIM, and select the email account with which you want to do the procedure.
- From VCF file . If it is from a file, after having done the previous steps, you just have to enter the option, and select the account you want, in the event that you have several accounts synchronized or running on your smartphone. Now you just have to select the file you are going to import and that’s it.
Now you know perfectly how you should do to import or export contacts from your Google account to your Android mobile. We hope we have helped you for good, you can leave any questions in the comments and you will receive your quick response .