Setting up a corporate email account in Outlook (formerly known as Hotmail) is an excellent option for users who use this means of communication. In this guide you will learn how to perform this procedure , whether you commonly use the application on your mobile device or prefer the desktop program instead. By doing this, you will be able to manage your account in a familiar interface, such as the Outlook platform.
Corporate emails are convenient for people who have a company or business, as they convey greater security and commitment. However, its management can be uncomfortable for most users, because they are not used to its use. Synchronizing the aforementioned email with your Outlook account, will allow you to review and send messages from the interface designed by Microsoft, keep learning more, below.
Before starting the process to configure corporate email in your Outlook application, it is necessary to have certain information to link the accounts. Here is a list of the basic information you will need:
- Authentication on the outgoing server (username and password).
- Incoming server.
- Outgoing server.
If you do not have this data, you can find it in the CPanel, you will only have to locate yourself in the section where the information of your email accounts is located. Once in the mentioned location, you will see a button to connect devices with which you can access the required data. In this sense, it is important to note that they vary for each email address.
To configure your business email in Outlook for free, you must use the program pre-installed on your Windows computer, as it is not possible from the web. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it if you just want to add a second account :
- Open Outlook and click on the ” File ” tab .
- Press ” Add account “.
- Check the option ” Manual configuration or additional server types.” In this step and those that come after, it will be necessary to press the ” Next ” button to advance in the configuration menu.
- Check the option ” POP or IMAC ” and continue.
- Finally, just enter the requested data to perform the synchronization. It is recommended to change the account type to IMAP. In addition, it is important to mark that the authentication password is requested for more security in access, especially if the equipment is shared.
Upon completing the indicated steps, you will have configured corporate email in Outlook. If you want to manage this email on another computer, it is possible to use a manager such asThunderbird. An additional alternative is to access Webmail from the browser, some of the best are Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
From the phone
To configure your corporate email in Outlook from your mobile device, the first thing you should do is download the application. If you have a device with Android Operating System you can download it from thePlay Store, while if it is an iPhone you must do it from theApp Store. Below you will find buttons that will redirect you to the download site: