Gmail email is one of the most used and best valued by all those who move through the territory of the network of networks. Being free and accompanied by the services provided by Google, it goes from being a mere e-mail platform to composing a whole set of additional tools that allow you to take advantage of the benefits of the cloud.
You can save files on the network, write documents, work with spreadsheets and, of course, send or receive emails with total freedom and through different devices. However, it may happen that you need to know how to delete a Gmail account . It is possible that you have created one with a name that does not suit you, that you simply prefer to open a new one, or that you have found a better service provider than this company.
It does not matter what type of device you are using, because here we give the necessary instructions to be able to carry out this procedure from whatever is possible. In addition, if you just want to unsubscribe your Gmail email and you want to keep other Google tools, but connected to another email address, we also help you by offering the exact procedure with which to get it. In short, all the solutions.
Steps to cancel my Gmail account permanently
There are so many reasons that it is not uncommon to run into users who are faced with this situation and that, no matter how much they dive on the internet, they do not find a way to unsubscribe from this popular service to go to that other one that has called them so much. attention.
Fortunately, this guide that we bring contemplates that solution that you long for. If you want to know how to completely delete your email account in Gmail, we bring you all the procedures to perform step by step both from the PC and from the smartphone.
To permanently delete your Gmail account, you have to follow processes that vary depending on the device you use. Either from your computer or your mobile phone, this is what you have to do.
Delete from PC
Do you want to completely delete your Gmail account from your PC? In that case, you have to follow some fairly simple instructions that we are going to detail in the points that we leave below:
- Open your usual web browser and enter the following address . Through it, you can directly enter the Google account deletion section.
- The next logical step is to log in for the profile to be deleted. Start by typing the email in the enabled field and move on; then, enter the access password and press the button again to continue.
- The screen you are on now informs you of everything that happens once you delete your account. You will also see an option to download your profile data to keep them before proceeding with the elimination and, under this, all the services that will be eliminated when the process is complete.
- Go down a little and check the two boxes to ensure that you understand the consequences of deleting your Google account and, once you have done so, press the “Delete account” button to finish.
Once you have pressed that button, your Gmail profile will have been completely deleted, along with all the information not stored.
Unsubscribe from your mobile (Android and iOS)
If you want to unsubscribe from your mobile device, there is a specific process to do so through Android smartphones and tablets; but, since we want to offer a solution also for iOS users, we are going to opt for the general procedure. Follow as we explain here:
- Open your smartphone’s web browser and enter this URL . It is the one that gives direct access to the section for deleting Google and Gmail accounts.
- Now, you have to log in by entering your email or phone number in the first field and the access password in the second. If you have already logged in before, you will only have to write the password.
- As it happens on the PC, now you will be given tons of details about what happens when you delete the profile and the importance of saving the data (you can do it with the option that is enabled). Scroll down until you find the “Delete account” button and click on it
- Once this is done, you have already deleted your Gmail and Google accounts.
Is it possible to delete my Gmail without deleting my Google account?
There is a way to delete your Gmail mail, but at the same time keep the Google account to use it in other services. We are going to explain below how it can be done so that you keep it and continue taking advantage of the advantages that this system offers its users:
- On your PC, open the web browser you use the most and enter the following URL or type in the address bar this: myaccount.google.com/preferences
- Being inside this settings panel, slide the left menu down until you find a section called “Account Preferences “. You have to click below, in the section “Delete your account or certain services”.
- This is the menu where you have to proceed, but first you must login with your Google profile . Click on “Login”, which will now appear on the central screen.
- Now proceed as in the usual Google login process. First write the email or phone number of your account and click on “Next “. Then do the same with the password and press the same button again.
- You will be redirected back to the previous screen, where you can delete account or services . You will now see, under the main illustration, two options to choose from. To proceed with the deletion of Gmail, you have to press the first one, “Delete products”.
- Now, you will be redirected to a screen where, again, you will have to enter your password to verify your identity . Fill in the field and click “Next “.
- Then, all the services activated in your account will appear. Find the one for Gmail and, on its right, click on the trash can icon there. If you wish, you can first click on “Download data” to save all the information.
- If you have not registered another email address with which to log into your Google account, you will now be asked to enter it to access the other services of this platform. Write it in the space left on the screen and then click on “Send verification email “.
- You now have to go to the inbox of that email and look for the message from the Google team. Open it and you will see a button inside. When you press it, you will have finished connecting this email with your account and also deleted the Gmail email.