As is known, Google Drive is Google’s cloud storage service. It has a web version, an application for Smartphones and one for desktop (PC). Now, how to synchronize the latter? Well, it is very simple and in the following post each of the steps you must follow to do it is explained in detail. It is important to note that not all files can be synchronized with the computer.
In this sense, you will learn which ones are available to be viewed on the PC, using the Google Drive desktop app and the process you must follow to get it. In this way you will be able to manage the images, videos, documents and other types of files in your account, without having to enter the web version of this service. To know everything you need about this topic, read on until the end.
How to download
The first step to be able to synchronize Google Drive with your computer is to download the executable file of the application to install it on your PC. The same can be obtained quickly in themanufacturer’s official website, following the steps outlined below:
- Scroll until you find the ” Users ” tab and click on the ” Download ” option .
- This will open a new window in which you will have to click on ” Accept and download.”
- Please wait while the file download starts and select a folder to save.
- Execute the file ” installbackupandsync.exe “.
- Click ” Run.”
Note : Provide administrator permissions if necessary.
Now you must wait while the Google Drive installation process is completed on your computer. It should be noted that, for this to be possible, you must have a stable Internet connection.
How to sync
Once the installation process is complete, you can start syncing your drive and the files available on the PC. To do this, you must follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click ” Get Started ” in the window that appears after installation.
- Enter your email or phone number and click ” Next.”
- In the next window enter your password and press ” Sign in “.
- A security notification will be sent to your cell phone, grant access by pressing ” Yes ” and complete the necessary steps.
- Click on ” Got it “.
- Select the folders you want to sync and the upload quality of the files and click ” Next.”
Note : you can also synchronize the Google Photos gallery, if you wish, or select an option for the images and files to be uploaded to this platform.
- Now you must confirm the synchronization of your drive in Google Drive with the computer. To do this you will have to check the option ” Synchronize everything in My drive ” and click ” Start “.
When everything is ready, you will see the shortcut to Google Drive on your computer screen and a pop-up notification in the lower right corner of the screen. In this way, you will have successfully synchronized your drive in the cloud with your computer and you will be able to access it at any time, without having to enter from the browser.
Now, it is important to note that the documents made in the office automation services Google Docs, Google Slides and Google Sheets, will not appear in the automatic synchronization. Since these do not yet have a desktop version that can be used without the Internet. However, you can access them through the direct access created on the screen to create documents, presentations or accounting books whenever you want, as long as you have a network connection.
As you can see, synchronizing your Google Drive with your computer is a very simple task that you can execute in a few minutes, with the help of this post. Remember that fluid Internet access is necessary to achieve this.