OneDrive is a cloud photo and file storage service created by Microsoft; it works on all platforms (PC, mobiles, tablets …) in a synchronized way and allows you to interact with your files without the need for an Internet connection. In addition, one of its most attractive features is the SSL encryption security that your photos and files acquire automatically when uploaded to the server, thus giving you greater confidence to use the service anywhere and from any device.
Sign in to OneDrive
(you can also access https://onedrive.live.com/ and press the “Login” button or search for accommodation without logging in)
If you don’t know how to log in or need help, keep reading!
To use OneDrive from any device, you must sign in. You can do it on the web, through the mobile application or on your computer. The data to enter are your email or mobile phone and password; In addition, with your Skype account you can also enter because it belongs to the same company (Microsoft). If you have problems logging in or you prefer someone to guide you, in InfoCuentas we will help you with some detailed guidelines below.
Sign in to OneDrive from the web
The most common login method for this platform is through the web. The data required to log in in the most basic way are: email and password. However, you can also use your phone number or Skype account.
- You must enter the following address: onedrive.live.com, then click on the text located in the upper right corner that says ” Sign in.”
- In this part, you will need to enter your email, phone number or Skype user. It all depends on the way you want to access OneDrive. Then you hit the blue button that says ” Next “.
- Now, it is time for you to enter your password, remember that if you entered your email you must enter its password and if you decided to use your Skype user, you must enter the password for your Skype account.
- After having entered the password, you have to click on ” Login “.
Finally, if your details are correct, you will have logged in. In the event that you are on a personal or secure computer and you don’t want to enter the data every time you want to use OneDrive on the web, then check the ” Keep me signed in” box .
Sign in to OneDrive from PC
Enjoy the benefits of OneDrive, without having to enter from a web browser, using the desktop application. The best thing about the application for PC is that when you install it, a common folder is created, in which you can put all your files and they are automatically uploaded to the cloud.
- You have to download the desktop application from this link, then install it by following the intuitive instructions that the wizard shows you on the screen.
- Open the application and in the blank field that appears at the bottom, enter your email and then press the button on the right that says ” Login “.
- Then, you must enter your password and finally click on ” Login “.
It’s that easy to log into the OneDrive PC app. A useful fact, you can synchronize several accounts only if you have a business plan, if you have the staff, you can only do it with one.
Sign in to OneDrive from the app (Android, iOS, Windows Phone)
It should not be missing in a cloud storage service, an application for mobile devices. It is available for the main operating systems and contains extra functions such as the one that allows you to scan anything using the device’s camera.
- You must download the application on your mobile device, below are the links for each operating system: download the application for Android,download the app for iOS,download the application for Windows Phone.
- When you open the application, a welcome window will appear and at the bottom an option that says ” Sign in “.
- Now, you must enter the information of your Microsoft or associated account; email, phone number or Skype. Then click on the arrow just to the right.
- To finish, enter the password of the account you have entered and click on the button that says ” Login “.
That’s all! Now that you are signed in, you can enjoy OneDrive on your mobile device. If you have problems logging in, keep reading and you will find several solutions.
Problems logging in, how to fix it?
You might have a problem logging in at some point, but you wouldn’t be the only one. So don’t worry, there is a solution for most cases. Next, we will describe the most common problems and their solutions, in the event that they prevent you from logging in.
- Forgotten password.
Possibly because of the time you haven’t logged in, you may have forgotten your Microsoft account password. Don’t worry, if you still have access to email, then go tothis link, write it and hit next, then ” Get code “. They will send you a code to the email you entered, you must place it in the corresponding field and then you can reset your password.
- The application cannot be used to synchronize your personal account.
This problem occurs when you want to sign in with the OneDrive PC application but you have the Windows 8.1 operating system. The solution is to use a Microsoft account to log into your computer and thus use the OneDrive application that already comes by default in the operating system.
- Forgotten or no access email or phone number.
If you have ever decided to close your account (suspend it) and it has been more than 60 days since you last logged in, then it has already been permanently deleted. Also, if you haven’t closed it but still haven’t logged in in 5 years from 2015, your account will have been deleted.
In the event that you have a problem greater than those described previously, then you should contact Microsoft support for OneDrive. You can do it by doingclick here.
OneDrive is a file and photo storage service in the cloud, it works on different platforms that synchronize with each other. It was released on August 1, 2007 and developed by an anonymous programmer, in 2009 Microsoft, in its first reports announced a ” virtual hard disk “. This service had several names before being known as OneDrive, they are: SkyDrive, Microsoft SkyDrive, Windows Live SkyDrive and Windows Live Folders.
The storage plans of the service were gradually increasing, at least the free one, went from 250 MB to 5 GB. One of the main characteristics of this service lies in the possibility of using Microsoft Office online; creating new projects, editing them and then sharing them are the strengths of this quality, the only thing you will need is a web browser. In addition, Microsoft has been in charge of polishing the tool, making it possible to translate it into 94 languages.
The developers were not forgotten this time, as Microsoft published an API, available in the Live Connect development center, that allows you to create services for the web and any other tool that depends on the cloud storage that OneDrive offers. For users of the Windows operating system (10, 8, phone) and Android / iOS, a software development program is available for creating applications and style pages.