Google Drive is one of the information sharing platforms with the highest user traffic today. Much of its success is due to its multiple functions that allow you to work in an environment similar to that of PC Operating Systems. Among its most striking characteristics is its linkage in various systems. The one that will be highlighted in this article is to offer the option to create and customize folders.
Through these, you can have your files better organized in the space you have in the cloud, even separating personal files with those of work or your studies. An important benefit is that you can personalize them with a name and even a color. Next, the way to create and share your folders from Google Drive will be detailed.
You can access Google Drive in several ways, and from the PC it is one of the most used. In order to use all the functions, it is necessary that you have the program installed on your computer. DoingClick here to access the download link from its official website.
Once you have finished with its installation, follow these steps to create a folder and be able to manage it:
- Open the folder that is automatically linked to your space in the cloud. If you don’t know how to locate it, it has by default the name of Google Drive and its logo.
- In it, right click on a blank space to access more options and then press ” New “.
- In the next tab, click on ” Folder “. This way you will have created a folder on your computer that is linked automatically.
You can customize this folder with the name you want and simply add the necessary files there. You can access it from the web version or from the program on your PC.
Using the browser
If you do not want to install any program on your computer, you can access itsofficial page and from there create a folder. Once you log in with your Gmail email, follow these steps:
- On its main page, click on the “+ New” button located in the upper left corner.
- In the tab that appears, select ” Folder “.
- You will access a box where you will be asked to identify it with a name. Once you have done it, click on ” Create ” to finish.
You can now access it and start uploading your information.
From the phone
Google Drive also has an application specially designed for mobile devices or Tablet with Android Operating System. You can access the download from its official storehere. To create a folder just follow these steps:
- On the main screen of the application, press the plus button (+) located in the lower right corner. That will take you to the options for adding information to your Drive.
- Then click on the ” Folder ” section.
- You will get a box where you must identify the name of your folder. Place the one that best suits your needs. To finish the process, click on the ” Accept ” button .
How to move files to a folder
Once your folders are created, you just have to start organizing your files in it. If you do not know how to do it, the way to do it on your mobile or in the web version will be detailed :
The interaction we have with the Google Drive program is similar to what we already work with in recent versions of Windows. Google simplified the processes by allowing us to have a folder in our ” Documents ” that is linked automatically. How to do it will be explained.
The most common way is to copy and paste the files. It is important to note that if you are uploading many files or sub folders, it may take a while for them to be reflected in your Drive.
- Locate the files you want to copy to your folder and press the right mouse button. This will take you to more options about those files.
- Then select the option ” Copy “, or ” Cut ” if you want to move them completely.
- In the folder with the name “ Google Drive ” that is represented by this symbol, find the folder you just created and right-click.
- Finally, in the options tab select ” Paste “. The files you selected will begin to copy or move. It depends on the weight, it may take a few minutes.
Another way to do it is by dragging and dropping the files into the folder you want to sync or upload to the cloud.
From the browser
You can also do all this process through your browser, in case you do not have the program installed on your computer. You just have to enter its official site by doingclick here and follow these steps:
- On its main page, locate the file you want to save in the folder and right-click on it.
- In the tab that opens, select the ” Move to ” option .
- Finally, choose in which folder you want it to be saved and press “Move”. If you have not created it yet, you can click on ” Create folder ” to add more.
From the phone
On the mobile you will do the whole process through the application. The way to do it will be explained below:
- Locate the file you want to move on the main screen, when you have it, leave it pressed on it so that more options appear.
- Then, tap on the folder symbol seen in the image.
- And finally, click on the folder in which you want to save the information and press ” Move “.
You will know that the information was saved successfully, because you will get a warning informing you.
Customize your folders
Another special feature that Google Drive gives you is the opportunity to customize your folders with colors. This will help you have a visual guide to keep your order. If you want to do it, just follow these steps:
- On its main page, right click on the folder you want to change. This will allow you to access the customization options.
- In the next tab, click on ” Change color “.
- Finally, choose the color you want and the changes will be applied automatically.
With these simple steps you will be able to manage all your files and have them organized by name or colors.