You may be saving files that are very important to you in your Mega account , so it is extremely important to keep a secure password. To do this, it is advisable to change the access key regularly and keep the recovery key stored in a safe place.
Changing your Mega password is a fairly simple process that you can do in a few minutes from your browser or mobile application. Here at InfoCuentas we will guide you step by step through the exchange process.
Change Mega password from the web
Changing the Mega password from the official site is a fairly simple process, however, you must remember the current password or have a current session open, otherwise you must follow the account recovery process . Here are the steps to change your password:
- Access your Mega.nz account by going to the website www.mega.nz and entering your access data.
- Press the three horizontal lines located in the upper right corner and then click on “My account”.
- In the left sidebar, press “Security”.
- In the ” Change password ” section, enter a new password and then confirm it in the box below.
- Press the ” Change password ” button.
Clever! Your password will have already been changed. You can access your account from any device with your new access data.
Tips to not lose access to your Mega account
As we discussed in the Mega account recovery article , you should take into account some tips to avoid losing access to your account and therefore to all your files. Losing access to a Mega account can be easily avoided. You just have to keep the recovery key somewhere safe and / or avoid losing the password.
- Save your recovery key in a safe place : if you did not save your recovery key when creating your account, you can do so at any time by logging into your Mega.nz account and then going to Menu> Export recovery key. Write down the recovery key somewhere safe or press the “Download key” button to download a MEGA-RECOVERYKEY.txt file that will help you recover your account in the future.
- Change your password regularly : following the instructions in this article you can make the effective change of your password, however, change it regularly and make sure that you will not lose it in the future.
- Choose a strong password when changing it : not only should you change your password regularly, you should also choose a strong password when doing so. Choose a password that contains a combination of symbols, letters, and numbers for added security.
By changing your Mega password regularly, you can be sure that you will never lose access to it again. Keep enjoying the benefits that only Mega has to offer!