Websites that suggest sending notifications in the background are becoming more and more frequent. Although it is possible to decide whether or not to grant permission to the notices, sometimes it is necessary to eliminate them completely, as they are very annoying. But how to remove or block these types of ads?
Well, you can disable or remove Google Chrome notifications by applying two super simple methods that work both on Windows and on any other Operating System, including iOS and Android. So you can also prevent ads from appearing on your phone. To do this, you must access the browser’s configuration menu.
To block or delete notifications from web pages on your PC, it is necessary to access the browser and, from there, use the configuration menu located in the upper right corner of the screen, following these steps:
- Display the ” More ” menu of the browser.
- Click on the ” Settings ” option .
- Select the ” Website Configuration ” section.
- Within the next window you should go to ” Notifications “.
- Check if the notification request permissions tab is enabled. In case you want to permanently deactivate this option, you must click on it and check that it is grayed out.
- Whereas, if you want to keep the request for notification permissions on web pages, but you want to block or delete a particular site, you must skip the previous step and in the ” Block ” section, click ” Add ” if the site is not in the list of blocked portals.
Note : After clicking “Add” you will be shown a pop-up window where you can write the URL address that you want to permanently block. Once you do, click ” Add ” again and you are done.
- On the other hand, if you want to modify the configuration of any of the blocked sites in the list, you must display the menu located on the right side of the link and select the action you want to execute: ” Allow “, ” Edit ” or ” Remove “.
From the phone
Something that happens many times by mistake on mobile is accepting notifications from websites. This, in addition to consuming browsing data, also consumes battery by allowing applications such as Google Chrome to run in the background. To remove, disable or block ads from internet pages on your Android you only need to access the settings menu of the app.
For this you will have to follow these instructions:
- Access the Google Chrome app on your Android.
- Once there, you will have to display the options menu located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Press ” Configuration “.
- Scroll down the list of options until you find ” Site Settings.”
- Locate ” Notifications ” in the menu.
- If you have the ” Notifications ” option activated , you must deactivate it if you wish to permanently stop receiving any type of informational announcement from the Internet. So you will have to click on the blue icon and check that it is gray.
Note : You should know that, unlike the PC, on the phone you can only block or delete sites that are already registered in the browser’s memory. It does not allow adding new addresses or URLs.
In case you wish to modify an existing site in the “Blocks” list, click on it to view the available options.
- Within the information on the website, click on ” Notifications “.
- Choose between the options ” Block ” and ” Allow “, according to what you want to apply to the page in question.
From an iPhone or iPad
In the case of iPhone and iPad devices, Google Chrome does not show notifications but pop-ups. In case this is happening on your mobile and you want to deactivate it, you must perform the following steps:
- Access Google Chrome on your iPhone or iPad.
- Display the ” More ” menu located in the upper right corner.
- Select ” Settings.”
- Press ” Content settings ” and then ” Block pop – ups “.
- Activate the ” Block pop-ups ” option .
Block pop-up windows
Pop-up windows are extremely annoying when browsing the Internet. These small floating sources of information often appear repeatedly within a given cycle of time. Therefore, it is necessary to know how to disable them in Google Chrome.
The procedure is quite simple and similar to that of removing notifications from Google Chrome, learn how to do it by following the instructions described below:
- Access Google Chrome and display the menu located in the upper right corner of your computer or mobile screen.
- Press the ” Settings ” option .
- Locate the ” Security and privacy ” section and click on ” Site Settings “.
- Click on the option ” Pop-ups and redirects.”
- Press ” Allow ” and search for the website you want to include or block.
- Click on ” More ” located on the right side of the screen, next to the URL of the website in question.
- Press ” Block.”
Note : In case you do not want any site to throw pop-up windows, in step 5 select ” Block “.
Reasons to block notifications
The lock notifications or pop – ups in Google Chrome is necessary at times, among these are: wanting to unsubscribe on the web, suspected malicious content, outdated information or annoying. In any of these cases, you can carry out the previous steps from your mobile device or on your computer and be able to quickly and effectively eliminate these types of ads.
Want to unsubscribe from the web
If you consider that the information provided by the page from which you once agreed to receive notifications is no longer relevant to you and you want to unsubscribe, this will be a good time to deactivate the receipt of annoying ads.
Suspicion of malicious content
The risks of the web have been known for a long time. This is why it could be said that it is the most obvious option of all, when seeking to protect the computer or device from potential dangers, such as the entry of a malicious file to the computer, by clicking on the notification.
Outdated or annoying information
Sometimes the information received through Google Chrome notifications becomes annoying because it is not updated frequently, always showing the same content over and over again.