To install Google Chromecast on the PC, you must first configure it to connect directly to the TV. When connected, the device will ask you to install the “Google Home” application on your Android phone. Later, you must open the application and follow the steps indicated to continue with the configuration. It is a simple process that will allow you to watch videos and movies from the Internet on your TV or on your computer.
This Google device allows you to share the screen so that you can have a better user experience, since you have the possibility of using the screen of your computer or television. Any video that you want to project from another platform such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime and even the movies that you have in the internal memory of your computer. In this article, you will see how to set up and install Google Chromecast on PC quickly and easily.
Steps to follow for configuration
The configuration of Google Chromecast is the first step to later install the application on the computer. Here you will create your account and choose those devices that you want to link with this tool. Having clarified this point, follow the steps mentioned below to configure Chromecast :
- Connect the Chromecast device to the HDMI input of the TV.
- Now, keep one end of the USB Cable connected to “ Chromecast ”.
- The other end, plug it into a USB port on the TV.
- Use the TV control to go to the ” HDMI ” input . You will see a welcome screen that will tell you to download the “ Google Home ” application.
- Download the app “Google Home ”from the Google Play Store.
- When you open the application, the installation wizard will ask you to choose a Gmail account. After that, you must press the ” Start ” button .
- Under ” New devices “, click ” Set up new devices in your home.”
- Enter a name and address, and press ” Next.”
- Grant access to the location.
- Choose a device to connect the Chromecast and click ” Next.”
- The same verification code will appear on the phone and TV screen .
- If you want to help Chromecast improve its service, press ” Yes ” and choose where the display you just linked is located.
- Connect it to your home Wi-Fi network. With this you will have finished the process.
Set up Chromecast with your computer
Once you have correctly configured the Chromecast device, you can now add your computer as a server to send any type of audiovisual content to the devices that you have linked or connected. With that being said, take a look at these steps to install Google Chromecast on PC :
- Open Google Chrome.
- Install an extension called “Videostream ”.
- Press ” Add to Chrome “.
- Then, click on ” Add to application “.
- Now, open the application and press the ” Settings ” icon .
- Choose the ” Media Library ” option .
- Press the option ” Add New Folder “.
- Choose the folder in which you save the movies or audiovisual content.
- In the Google Store, download “Videostream ”, to use the phone as a remote control.
- Swipe right twice and press “ Let’s go ”.
- Click on ” Pair with my computer now “. On your computer screen, a notice should appear to link the phone with the Google application in the browser. Select the option ” Pair (model name of your phone) now “. With this, both devices will have been paired.
- Now, you can watch the movies you have on your computer on your phone. To see one of them, select the one you prefer, press “ Watch now ” and Chromecast will ask you on which associated device you want to see it.
Send videos with applications
With the help of Chromecast you can send a movie or video of your choice to any screen in your home (which is previously linked). For example, in various browsers and on video platforms such as YouTube and Netflix, the “Cast” icon appears . When you press this button, a window will appear indicating on which screen you want to play the video. With this, you only have to select the one of your preference.
Google Chromecast is a very useful and efficient device to have connectivity with any screen in the home. Its configuration is not complex, and in the previous sections, the necessary steps to install Google Chromecast on the PC have been explained . With this, you will have the possibility of using your computer as a server commanded by the applications downloaded to your Smartphone.