Not having the pages you use frequently in the bookmarks bar turns into spending more time searching or typing the web addresses that you use regularly. This will certainly cause problems if you use multiple browsers and want to have the same bookmarks pages in all of them. Manually searching for addresses and adding one by one to the new bookmarks bar is a tedious task.
For this, Google Chrome has tools that allow you to manage your bookmarks bar, as well as the opportunity to export them to another browser. There are several ways to do it, extremely easy to do. Next, some of them will be analyzed in this post and you can learn how to do it.
In the PC
Performing this action from the computer is extremely easy. Various methods will be detailed here, by means of which it is possible to export and import your Chrome bookmarks on the computer. All with the aim that you take your favorite websites to another account or PC. You just have to choose the method that suits you best.
From Chrome settings
To export or import the bookmarks from the configuration, you must follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
Through the Chrome configuration it is possible to do it in a few minutes by following the procedure detailed below:
- Click on the Google Chrome menu that is represented by the three-dot icon, located at the top right of the screen.
- Within the menu, locate the option “Bookmarks or Favorite”.
- Go to the “Bookmarks or Favorites Manager” tab . Note : You can also use the key combination Ctrl + Shift + O or write the following page in the address bar: chrome: // bookmarks /
- Once on the page, you will be able to see all the sites that you have marked and saved.
- You must click on the three-dot icon located at the top right of the screen.
- A menu will be displayed in which you will have to select the option “Export favorites”.
The stored file will be of type HTML and it will contain all the pages that you have stored as a favorite. This format is compatible with any other browser and you can put the name you want.
If you have already exported your bookmarks from any browser and want to place them in another Google Chrome account, you just have to do the following:
- Start by pressing the Chrome menu button represented by the three-dot icon that is in the upper right part of the screen.
- Locate the option “Favorites.”
- Click on the ” Favorites manager” tab . Note : You can use the key combination Ctrl + Shift + O or you can type the following address: chrome: // bookmarks /
- Press the three-dot icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the next menu, choose the option “Import favorites”.
6. A pop-up window will open in which you must choose the folder where you have stored the file in HTML format that you have downloaded, following the steps mentioned in the previous procedure.
Once the file is located, click on Open and in this way your favorite pages will be incorporated into the new account of your browser.
Note: From a cell phone it is not possible to import or export Google Chrome bookmarks. The steps described above only work from a computer.
Although all browsers have the function of storing your favorite pages, there are external programs that are very useful, especially if you are one of those who use several browsers.
One of these programs is StorURL, which is completely free and allows you to unify all the bookmarks that you have distributed in the different browsers. It works as an external administrator that groups all your favorite pages in one place. The program installation process is as follows:
1. Locate a safe site to download the latest version of StorURL.
2. Once downloaded, you should have a WinRAR file .
3. Right click and then choose the option “Extract here”.
Note: Keep in mind that you have to have WinRAR installer on your PC to extract these types of files.
Note: StorURL is a portable program so it does not require an installation process. Just unzip it and the program will be ready to run.
4. Click on the application icon, as shown in the image.
5. You will be shown a warning message that you must click on “Run”.
6. You must create a security password and repeat it.
7. The program interface is as shown below.
This program has a huge diversity of tools, which allow you to manage all the browsers you use in an incredible way. To import or export your favorite bookmarks using StorURL, you must follow the instructions below:
1. To import press the “File” button located in the upper left part of the program.
2. Select “Import”.
3. Choose the option from where you want to import your favorite bookmarks.
Note: The file you want to import must be of type .csv.
1. To export, press the “File” button located in the upper left part of the program.
2. Select the “Export” option .
3. Click on any of the two available options, one will allow you to access the previously saved database or view them classified by categories.
4. Give it a name and choose the folder where you are going to save it.
A .csv file will be generated automatically . This is an ideal solution for everyone who uses multiple browsers.
From the cellphone
Through the Chrome settings it is not possible to import or export bookmarks from your cell phone. To be able to perform this action, you must have external applications. Although there are hundreds of applications that can help you with this, the most reliable and functional are the following:
Note : you can download the application directly from these buttons below.