As you browse the Internet, all the data from the pages you visit or search information used is stored in the cache memory of your computer or phone. This is useful if at any time you want to access a specific website that you visited a long time ago. However, it tends to slow down the browser by making it slower and slower.
This is why information that is not currently relevant should be deleted periodically, but how to delete the cache or browsing history of Google Chrome? Actually, it is simpler than it seems and you can do it perfectly from your mobile device or on your PC. In addition, you can remove cookies without any problem.
Erase or delete on PC
However, from time to time it becomes necessary to debug Google Chrome to increase its speed and performance. It is necessary to mention that the procedure to follow is valid for different Operating Systems, including Linux and Android.
To delete Google Chrome browsing data on your PC, you must follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome as usual.
- Display the ” More ” menu located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Once inside the options, select ” Settings “.
- In the next window, slide the screen to the ” Advanced settings ” menu and, in the “Privacy and security” section, select ” Clear browsing data “.
- You will be shown a pop-up window where you must enter the information you want to delete, choosing from a list of alternatives: Time interval: Corresponds to the moment in time from where you want to delete the stored information, being able to choose between “the last hour” to ” forever ”just by displaying the list of options. Browsing history: If you want to delete the history of all the pages you visited to prevent someone else from seeing them, you must check this box, otherwise, skip this option. Cookies and other site data: This is marked by default, as it is the main reason for users.
Cached files and images: By checking this box, you will be ordering the elimination of all “junk” files stored in your browser’s memory.
- When you are completely sure of the information you want to delete and the moment from which you will delete this data, confirm by pressing ” Delete data “.
Note: You can access the aforementioned menu directly, by pressing the More menu > More tools> Clear browsing data.
Clear the cache for a particular page
If what you want is to delete the content of a particular page, without affecting the search history or the data stored in the computer’s memory, you can do it through the use of the developer menu. It is worth mentioning that, you do not need to use any HTML or similar protocol. You just have to follow the steps described below:
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the ” More ” menu and place the pointer on the ” More tools ” option .
- Select ” Developer Tools.”
- A console of controls will be displayed on the right side of the screen, however, you will not need to modify any information contained there.
- Locate the ” Refresh Page ” icon on the left side of the address bar and right click on it.
- Select ” Empty cache and forc
In this way, you will have debugged the website and can start over with storing new information. Keep in mind that it may start slowly, as you will have to reload the data that has been lost.
Delete or delete on the phone
Freeing the cache on the phone is a bit faster than on the computer. By following a few simple steps, you will be able to increase the performance of your browser after deleting cookies and the old history of Google Chrome. For this you need to carry out the following instructions:
- Access the Google Chrome App.
- Open the ” More ” menu located in the upper right corner of the screen (the three vertical dots).
- Select ” History.”
- In the next window, click on the option ” Clear browsing data ” located at the beginning of the list.
- Check everything you want to delete and select the time cycle to delete.
- Press ” Clear data “.
Reasons to clear history or cache
The reasons or motives that may lead you to clear the cache or history may be of a personal nature. Because you do not want anyone else to be able to view your web content or you simply want to increase the performance of your browser, which is why it is necessary to carry out this process.
Prevent others from viewing your content
Clearing your browser’s cookies, cache, or history can help prevent others from accessing your content. However, there are not so drastic methods to achieve this, try opening a window in incognito mode. In this mode, no information about your activity on Google is stored.
Changes in browsing preferences
Sometimes, the browser cache is usually a problem when you change the browsing preferences, making it impossible for it to adapt to the new mode and continue working as it did before. This is why many users tend to delete this type of information to avoid future inconveniences.
Websites store a large amount of information
When the pages or websites that you visit often store a lot of content and it is constantly changing, it is possible that your browser’s cache begins to accumulate too much information, slowing down its operation. Therefore you will need to delete all existing data in Google Chrome.
What happens after clearing the cache and cookies
After deleting cookies and your browser’s cache, certain changes will occur, including:
- Part of the website configuration is lost: You will need to configure some previous settings such as access to certain Internet pages.
- Websites can get a bit slow: This is not something to be concerned about, it will just appear a little slower than normal, as content that was removed in the process needs to be reloaded.
How cookies and cache work
These data allow the browser to remember search intentions, access data and account information synchronized with the computer. In this way, they offer a more fluid and simple experience for each user. In the same way, the cache allows the content of the different websites to load in less time during each visit to the portal.