To change the language of Google Chrome you only have to enter the advanced settings of the personal account and choose the language of your preference. This process will be explained in detail in this article both from the computer and on a Smartphone. You can do this if Chrome automatically selects a language that does not correspond to your country or when it has been updated and the language was changed without consulting previously.
Google Chrome is one of the most used browsers worldwide among millions of users. The most outstanding feature is the customization of the page according to your tastes. The language is one of the configurations that best suits, therefore, in this post you will see the steps to follow to configure the language to the one of your preference. In this way, you will have greater comfort in case you are outside your country or learning a new language.
Google Chrome has the possibility to change the language from the advanced settings of the browser or by entering directly to the Google account. Both processes will be explained below.
Using advanced settings
Through the advanced settings of the Google Chrome browser you can also add or change the language to the one of your choice. To do this, you only have to execute the following procedure:
- Enter Google Chrome and press the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Choose ” Settings.”
- Go to the left panel and click on ” Advanced Settings “.
- Select ” Languages.”
- Click on ” Add languages “.
- Choose the language you want to add and press ” Add “.
- If the language appears in the list, then just press the three vertical dots on the far right and click on ” Show Google Chrome in this language “.
- Restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
From Google account
Below you will detail the steps you must follow to change the language of Google Chrome from the Google account :
- Log into your Google account. Enter through thislink and click on ” Go to Google account “.
- Click on ” Data and personalization “.
- Swipe and go to ” General Preferences for the Web.” Click on ” Language “.
- Click on the pencil icon to change the language.
- Choose the language you prefer and press ” Select.” The language will be changed automatically in the browser.
Note: If you handle several languages, you have the ” Add another language< font> ” button to add those that you also want to use within Google Chrome.
From the phone
Most smartphones have Google Chrome as a pre-installed mobile browser. Therefore, in these steps you will observe the procedure to follow to change the language of Google Chrome from a Smartphone, either Android or iOS.
The process to change the language of Google Chrome on an Android will be easy to execute. You just have to follow the steps that will be shown below:
- Enter ” Settings ” or ” Configuration “.
- Go to ” Google “.
- Click on ” Manage your Google account “.
- Click on the ” Data and personalization ” tab .
- Under ” General Preferences for the Web, ” select ” Language.”
- Press the pencil icon to change the language.
- Select the language you like the most. Once you do, the language will change automatically.
Note: You can also change the language in the Google Chrome mobile browser through advanced settings. To do this, you just have to follow this path: “Enter the Google Chrome browser> Three vertical dots> Settings> Swipe and search for advanced settings> Languages> Add language.”
Most iOS devices have other mobile browsers that facilitate Internet access. If you have the Google Chrome mobile browser, what you must do to change the language of Google Chrome from an iOS device, is the following:
- Open the ” Gmail ” app and log in.
- At the top right, click on the circle (your profile icon) and then click on ” Manage Google account “. In case you don’t use Gmail, you can enter your Google account through thislink.
- Tap on ” Data and Personalization “.
- Select the pencil icon.
- Find the language.
- Choose ” Select.”
Note: If you don’t use Gmail, close your browser and reopen it after you’ve changed your language preferences. You can also run the path explained above to change the language from the Google Chrome mobile browser.
As you can detail, the process to change the language of Google Chrome from mobile and computer does not require more than 10 minutes. It is an extremely simple and practical procedure, in which you can carry out different investigations according to your preferences or tastes. You can also modify the language as many times as you need.