Minecraft is an open sandbox- style video game released in 2009 by Mojang AB, a developer company owned by Markus Persson “Notch”. This title is available for multiple platforms such as PlayStation, Xbox, Android, iOS and others, however, the most used version is the PC version.
Minecraft has grown in popularity over time, mainly among young audiences. This is due to its style of play based on exploiting creativity, ” crafting ” and construction. Thus, the premise of this video game is based on immersing the player in a vast world with unique visual aesthetics, where they can travel large areas of land to obtain materials and thus carry out all kinds of constructions.
The latter has earned Minecraft the title of the best-selling video game in history, with online support so that world players can explore the worlds created by other users and share. In addition, it is said that Minecraft has begun to be used as a didactic and educational resource that allows to encourage logic and creativity. With all this, it is clear that Minecraft is currently one of the most prolific and successful online supported video games of the moment.
What does it consist of?
It has already been said that Minecraft is a sandbox- type video game, however, unlike titles of this genre, in Minecraft there is no specific objective that must be met by the player. In fact, the true intention of is to provide a virtually infinite space made up of cubes. In this way, through the different game modes offered by the title, the player will be able to modify their environment and carry out all kinds of constructions.
For this, users have the possibility of acquiring resources from their environment or crafting, combining, improving them and using them as raw material. Likewise, the cubic world of Minecraft is designed through algorithms, which means that each time the player starts a new game session, the map is different.
In this sense , the true intention of Minecraft is to provide a space full of freedom and possibilities to its players, something that is achieved through its different game modes and encouraging its users to display their creations to the entire community of gamers. .
The main versions of Minecraft have 5 game modes, each with its own conditions and characteristics. What they are are indicated below:
Also known as Survival, this mode consists of immersing the player in the world of Minecraft, adding some elements such as a life bar that the user must maintain to “survive”. In addition, in this mode there is the transition between day and night, having the player to survive the creatures that haunt the territory at night.
The creative mode or simply Creative is based on offering all the necessary resources so that the player can build and modify the scenario at will. In this mode there is no life bar and no enemies are present. In addition to this, an unlimited inventory of resources is offered, so the main purpose of this mode is to create and build.
It is an alternative to survival mode in which extra difficulties are added such as the inability to revive and the immovable “difficult” difficulty. Another characteristic of this mode is the fact that it does not allow modifying the game mode while in the middle of a game.
Through this mode, it is possible to move around the map without the possibility of interacting with the environment. It has the option of teleporting to any part of the world and also, it is possible to see the creatures and living beings found within the game from a different perspective.
This mode allows the player the ability to play online and share the map with other players, although it can also be enjoyed alone. In this mode there are different rules regarding the way in which a player can craft the environment.
Account in Mojang
Mojang is the name of the Minecraft developer company. Currently, it is the platform in which users must register to be able to access the different Minecraft modalities that merit a personal profile. In this sense, when a person wants to create a Minecraft account, what they really need to do is register with Mojang. Therefore, the following explains step by step, how to register on this platform.
Create an account
- The first thing to do to create an account in Minecraft is to access the Mojang official page.
- Next, the Mojang portal will open, a page on which it will be necessary to click the green button with the message “ Register an Account ”, an option that will allow the creation of the account to begin.
- After the above, a tab will open with the official Minecraft store along with a form made up of 4 parts. In the first part, registration data such as email account, birth data and password will be requested. After doing so, you must click on ” Create account “
- An email will be sent immediately to the inbox of the email used in the registration. To proceed to verify the account, it is necessary to access said email and copy the confirmation code that has been received. This code must be pasted on the registration card and then press ” verify “. In case of not receiving any mail, it is worth checking the spam tray, as it could be found there.
- Once this is done, it is possible to log into the platform. In addition, if you continue with the next step, the portal will take you to the ” Payment ” tab , where it will be possible to create a username to use within the game and pay to download the official version of Minecraft.
Logging into a Mojang Minecraft account depends on the platform through which the game is used. Here’s how to sign in from PC, Android, and Xbox Live.
- Access the Minecraft official page, in the upper right corner will appear the option of ” Login “, so you must click there.
- Once the login page is loaded, the portal will request the entry of the email used for registration in Mojang and the respective user password. After entering this information, you must press ” Sign in ” and that’s it, you will have logged into Minecraft.
- If you want to log in from an Android device, you need to purchase the official version of Minecraft, which is a paid application.
- After purchasing and downloading the App, the game must be started and immediately, the home screen will request an email to be entered. This email must be the same one with which a Mojang account has been previously created.
- Next, Minecraft will recognize that there is an account created with that email, so it will ask for the access password to be entered.
- After this, the game will start and it will be possible to access the different modes and online servers of the game without any problem .
- Launch the Minecraft game from an Xbox console or any device with Windows operating system.
- After having entered the game, it is possible to access the login tab.
- Here, you can use the Xbox Live profile to log in to Minecraft, since the game allows compatibility between these types of accounts and in this way, take advantage of the Xbox Live account previously created by the user.
Minecraft is available for a wide number of platforms. From PC, through mobile devices with iOS or Android operating systems, to consoles such as Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch. The main features of each version are listed below.
Minecraft was originally released for computers in 2009, although different versions were released later in the form of updates. Today it is the platform with the most active Minecraft users.
To play this version of Minecraft, it is recommended to have a computer that meets the following requirements.
- RAM memory of at least 4 GB.
- Intel Core i3, AMD Athlon II or higher processor.
- 1 GB or more hard drive storage space.
- Java version 7.
- Graphics Card GeForce 2xx Series, AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series with OpenGL 3.3
To download Minecraft on PC, it is necessary to do so from the game’s official page which can be accessed from this link.
Since 2011, mobile devices with the Androir and iOS operating systems have had a version of Minecraft available in their respective app stores. This version offers the main game modes of the PC version and also includes the Online modes.
This version can be purchased and downloaded for Android from the PlayStore at this link. While iOS device users will have to resort tothis portal.
Minecraft came to video game consoles in 2012, the year in which versions for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 were released. Subsequently, new versions were released for other platforms such as PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. In these last two platforms, There is a cross-game mode, which allows you to play with other players who access the video game from other different platforms.
PlayStation 4 users can purchase and download Minecraft from the PlayStation Store. Similarly, Xbox One players can acquire the title from thisMicrosoft’s official page.
A little history
Minecraft started a small indie game thought by Markus Persson, better known in the video game scene as Notch. Its development was in the hands of the Swedish company Mojang AB and it launched its first version in 2009. A couple of years later, the full version of the game was finally released, this being the trigger for the success of Minecraft in the world of video games and managing to sell more than 11 million copies during that year.
Due to the few technical requirements that Minecraft needs, it is possible to play it on medium and low-end computers without major complications, but in addition to that, it gave its developers the advantage of being able to create new versions with which to reach other platforms such as the market for mobile devices and video game consoles. Thus, between 2011 and 2015 versions of Minecraft were released for Android, iOS, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PlayStation Vita.
As a result of this resounding success, the rights to Minecraft were acquired by Microsoft for an amount of 2,500 million dollars and provided new possibilities of compatibility between the video game and the different Microsoft platforms.
Today, Minecraft is the best-selling video game of all time with an approximate of more than 200 million copies, something that was achieved thanks to its success on all the platforms on which it was released. With this, there is evidence of the success of a title characterized by its simple playability and qualities that invite to stimulate creativity and the expression of all kinds of ideas.