The open world game of Minecraft is characterized, among many reasons, for having a vast territory that becomes different every time you start a game. However, although it is a game that takes advantage of exploration and invites you to go wherever you want , you will never have a map at the beginning of your adventure, so you can get lost or lose your way without major complications.
Despite this, it is possible to create a map in Minecraft, which will function as a tool that will record the territories you have explored, and will allow you to orient yourself more easily during your adventure. That said, you just have to follow the instructions shown below and you can make a map in Minecraft without major setbacks.
Before proceeding to create a map from the creation interface, you will need to have the following materials:
- Creation table: It will be used to create the different components of the map.
- Oven: It will be essential to make the compass that accompanies the map.
- Sugarcane: You must have 9 of them, which can be found in areas near rivers and lagoons.
- Fuel: Any type of fuel that allows the oven to operate.
- Red stone : You will need a red stone to create the compass. You get this one below layer 16.
- Iron Ore: Get 4 iron ore to be able to craft the compass.
Make the map
If you already have all the necessary materials to make your map in Minecraft, then it’s time to get down to work. To do this, follow the instructions listed below:
- Light the oven using the fuel. You can use charcoal or 4 blocks of wood.
- Once that is done, place the iron ores and wait to obtain iron bars, which you must take to your inventory.
- Access the creation table and place 4 iron bars and the red stone in the same way as seen in the following image. This way you will get the compass.
- After you have the compass in your inventory, you will need to create sheets of paper. For that, go back to the creation interface and place 3 sugar canes as shown below. By doing this, you will get 3 sheets of paper. Repeat the process until you get 9 sheets of paper.
- Finally, to create your map, use the creation interface and place the compass in the central square. Surround it with 8 sheets of paper as seen in this image:
- If you have followed the procedure to the letter, you will get a map to accompany you on your adventure.
Expand the map
If it comes at a point during your adventure that the original map you created has become too small, then it is time to make a large map in Minecraft, which means only extending the original map. You can do this procedure up to three times and you will have more space to explore and record on your map. The only thing you have to do to level up your map is the following:
- Get sugar cane to produce more paper. You need 8 sheets of paper to make each of the map expansions that the game allows.
- Once you have the necessary material, go to the creation interface and place your map in the center box. Around it, place 8 sheets of paper.
- Done this, you will get a much larger expanded map.
- You can repeat this process up to 3 times. Each time you do this, you will double the amount of territory that the map allows to register.