Clash of Clans (CoC) is a war strategy video game set in a medieval fantasy world, which also focuses on the construction of villages, fortresses and other medieval structures in order to consolidate, consolidate and expand the territory that has been conquered or possessed. This video game has been developed by the Finnish technology company Supercell, which launched it on the market in the summer of 2012, being an exclusive game application for mobile devices.
The fantasy medieval world of Clash of Clans is a persistent world, as it evolves independently of player interactions. This world can be played individually or online multiplayer. Traditionally, each player will serve as the village head, so they must obtain resources through pitched battles with enemies (usually other players). The main resources offered by the game are gold, elixir, and black elixir.
In addition, CoC allows its players to team up in multiplayer mode to form clans, which can be comprised of up to 50 players, to fight clan wars. Thanks to its playability characteristics, it stood out during its first years in the app market. And even today it retains great fame for being the fourth most downloaded app in the App Store and the seventh most downloaded in the Play Store.
What is Clash of Clans
Essentially, Clash of Clans is a video game that consists of strategically participating in battles and wars in order to guarantee the survival of the village. Which has been initially built on a 44×44 grid. In these villages, players will be able to train their combat forces, plan attack and defense strategies, develop traps, gadgets and spells to attack other villages, whether owned by other player users or by the so-called “goblins”.
Through the battles between troops, the player will be able to obtain gold, elixir, black elixir and gems, which will allow updating the combat forces and devising new strategies, that is, they will allow to level up. Gold is used to upgrade buildings, defense gadgets, and traps in the village. While the common elixir and the black elixir are used to improve troops and spells. For their part, gems are the Premium resource.
Some of the buildings, gadgets and traps that can be constructed in this game are the walls, manhole towers, wizard towers, bomber towers, Tesla towers, builder bases, gold, elixir and black elixir stores, mortars, cannons, bombs , catapults, crossbows, castles, town halls, barracks, camps, laboratories, among others.
While the troops may be made up of barbarians, archers, giants, goblins, wizards, healers, dragons, miners, witches, Valkyries, golems, hounds, among others.
The main game modes of Clash of Clans are single mode and multiplayer mode, which has become the fundamental pillar of the video game, so it has been updated and improved considerably in recent years. However, CoC currently presents all Supercell users with four game modes in total, which are:
This game mode consists of battling goblins to attack and conquer their villages. There are currently 50 levels that contain 3 stars, so in total a player can get 150 stars, reaching the achievement of “Catch those goblins!” whose reward is 20 gems. In turn, each level allows you to obtain a certain amount of gold, common elixir and black elixir. There is no time limit for games in this mode and no trophies can be won or lost.
War of clans
Clan War is a multiplayer option in which battles between clans (with the same number of members) take place. To get resources and trophies, risking losing the resources and trophies of the clan to which you belong.
In these battles each member of a clan will attack the members of the rival clan. So players who win battles will earn stars for their clan, as the clan with the most stars at the end of the contest will win. Depending on the degree of success of the attacks carried out, the clans will be rewarded with gold and elixirs.
Clan War League
The Clan War League is a recent option that has been added to the multiplayer mode, which consists of a competitive system of clans with different categories according to the level of collective play, from the bronze league to the Champions I league.
To participate in these leagues, registrations are opened once a month for clans with a minimum of 15 members and a maximum of 50. The league generally lasts a week, a period in which different wars between clans take place, which are classified according to the number of stars they get. Similar to what happens in professional soccer leagues, clans can be promoted or demoted, and each player is recognized for their fighting ability.
The Practice Mode is part of one of the most recent updates to CoC, which offers 17 different levels that will be unlocked as the Town Hall improves. In this mode, there is no time limit and it offers a wizard that will indicate which troops must move, as well as the time and place on the battlefield.
This mode instructs players in the use of different troops and combinations of offensive and defensive strategies. By overcoming 17 levels you can get about 5.5 million in gold and common elixir and an amount of 42,000 in black elixir.
Clash of Clans account
To play Clash of Clans on an Android device it is necessary to have a Google Play Games account, which is obtained by creating a Gmail account. As an alternative, you can use a Supercell account, which can be used to manage profiles of the video games developed by the Finnish company.
In this way, the following will describe the step by step to create a Supercell ID and to carry out relevant procedures with the CoC account:
Create an account
- Configure the mobile device with the corresponding Google account.
- Launch the Clash of Clans app.
- Access the “Settings” menu of the game and press the “Offline” button to select the option to create a new account. Here you must decide whether to create the account with a Google Play profile, or through a Supercell ID.
- To specify the procedure for creating the Supercell ID, follow the instructions shown by the wizard.
- Verify the account created using the confirmation code received.
Generally, the need to recover a Clash of Clans account is due to the loss of a particular village, so here is how to recover it:
- Start the app and access the “Settings” menu .
- Select the option “Help and assistance”, located at the bottom of the screen.
- The application will direct the user in a Supercell’s technical support website, where you must click on the “Recover your account” option .
- Now, press the button “I have lost my village!”, In order to access the Supercell technical service communication portal.
- Press the button “Contact us!” and that way a tech support chat will open.
- Here you must select the options Lost Account> Lost Village.
- After the above, the Supercell support bot will ask for training about the Clash of Clans account such as the username and clan of the lost village, or player tag, the exact level of the town hall, the exact XP level and an explanation of how the village was lost.
- Supercell’s technical service will respond by sending an access code, which must be entered into the video game through the “Link” button in the “Settings” menu .
- Press the “This is the new device” button and enter the code in the respective text box.
In case the user or password of the Supercell ID has been forgotten, to recover said account, the following must be done:
- Determine the email that has been used to link with the Supercell ID. To do this, you can check your email inbox for Supercell emails.
- Determined the email account, run the app.
- Access the “Settings” menu and press the Supercell ID “Disconnected” button .
- Start a new Supercell ID session with the correct email.
Importantly, there is a high risk of losing your Clash of Clans account if multiple villages are uploaded to the same mobile device without Supercell ID backup.
The “Rename” option is unlocked upon reaching or exceeding Town Hall level 5, but this can only be done once for free. After the first time you must pay with gems (10,000 gems maximum). To change the username for the first time, follow these steps:
- Run the CoC application and access the Settings menu and press ” More settings “
- Press the “Change Name” button.
- Enter the new username twice in exactly the same way in the corresponding text boxes. It is recommended not to use emoticons or special characters. To finish, press the “CONTINUE” button .
- Finding a suitable website to make the sale. Some of the reliable websites to make the sale are Amazon, Ebay, Wallapoop and PlayerAuctions, sites where it is necessary to register as a user.
- Research the market to correctly price the account according to the village council level, the amount of resources, the associated clan, etc.
- Once a buyer has been found and the sale has been finalized, the buyer’s device must be linked to the account from the own device. For this, you must access the CoC app and press the “Link” button of “Device” and follow the instructions of the wizard.
- Provide the access code to the buyer and unlink the account with the mobile device.
Clash of Clans is a free entertainment application only available for mobile devices, whether it is Smartphones or tablets, which must have Android or iOS as the operating system. Despite this, it is possible to play CoC on PC by means of emulators of mobile device operating systems, however, it is an unpopular option.
Without further ado, the following will mention certain details of Clash of Clans in the software of the platforms compatible with the application: