Windows 7 It is a version of the operating system created by Microsoft in 2009 . With a market share of 41.55% at the beginning of 2018, it is an operating system similar to its predecessor ( Windows Vista ) in many of its functionalities. But, what we are interested in bringing you in this post is an easy-to-use, step-by-step guide, if you have ever wondered how to update Windows 7 to the latest version? you are in the right place.
The company intends to include several interesting improvements, all of them focused on a much cleaner, lighter and more interactive style . The interface created for this OS is very interesting, complying with characteristics that already existed beforehand but adding customization options such as, for example, saving complete themes, with the color of the windows, the built images, the sounds and the protector of screen.
The calculator has also been improved, adding programming and statistics functions. In short, we find advances that are made in each new update to satisfy the user and make life easier and safer when performing tasks with our computer.
How to update Windows 7 operating system safely?
This operating system already has an expiration date, as the Microsoft company has decided to support this system and create updates only until 2020 . Now if you have an official license, they offer you the option to upgrade to Windows 10 easily without having to pay a supplement. This will encourage many of the users, Today we focus on version 7 .
Updating this software to the most current version is quite simple if you know the methods to follow for it. Here are the most direct steps to do it successfully:
- You must position the mouse on the taskbar and click on the Windows symbol or “Start ” button .
- Look for “Control Panel ” in the “System and Security ” section and then, entering “Windows Update “, we click on it.
- On that screen you will see a notice that there are updates available and the level of importance of each one. It also informs you of the size it occupies. You will also have the option “Install updates “; press it.
- Installation is done without the need for user intervention; it may be that when finished you will be asked to restart the computer. Clever! the new functionalities will have been installed in your Operating System.
Download and install the new Windows 7 update automatically: Settings
Once you have your operating system in the most current version, you can determine how you want your computer to act when it has updates that affect the operating system. So you will not have to manually perform the updates each time. To be able to automate the process a bit and have it done on its own, you must follow the steps indicated below:
- In the same way as the previous steps, you must access the “Control Panel ” and once inside, click on “System and Security “. Next, go to “Windows Update “.
- In order to see all the client updates, click on the text with the blue line that indicates that we have pending updates. This is a hyperlink that takes us to a screen where they indicate the new file packages that we want to install.
- By default they are all marked, but you can make a selection of the ones you want to install at that moment and leave others pending. Although we always recommend that our operating system is in the most updated version for security reasons .
- To configure the next updates, click on the option that appears on the left where it says “ Change Configuration ”. In that section is where we can play a little with the way in which future updates are going to be made.
- The configuration options that allow us to choose Windows 7 are the following:
- Install updates automatically (recommended by Windows itself).
- Download updates, but let me choose if I want to install them.
- Check for updates, but let me choose if I want to download and install them.
- Don’t check for updates (not recommended by Windows).
- After choosing the most convenient option in your case, click on “Accept “. This setting will start working the next time you restart your computer. Thus, depending on how you have configured your updates, your team will be in charge of carrying them out in the future.
FAQ: What problems exist when updating Windows 7?
There are two main problems that could appear when updating Windows 7 Let’s see how to solve them so that these errors do not prevent us from working with this operating system.
Windows update is “thinking”
In order to remove the “Looking for updates ” message , what we have to do is intervene from the command window.
- To open a window of this type, click on the start menu on the taskbar .
- Then, in the search box, type “cmd ” (without quotes).
- Click on the option “Run as administrator “.
- Type the command “net stop wuauserv “. Click on the intro to execute.
- It will then ask you to restart your computer .
Windows Update can’t find updates
This error may appear in previous versions, now it is fully resolved, but if it happens again, it is best to download the most current files related to Microsoft updates.