In the same way that Android phones have a digital store called Google Play Store, iPhone and iPad, all Apple smart devices, have the App Store . The online store of this company is one of the most basic and indispensable tools so that any user can have access to all the applications on the market through a fast, easy-to-use platform and, above all, with absolute confidence in terms of safety.
Unlike devices with the Google operating system, iPhones do not allow apps to be installed through alternatives other than their official store . In this way, the company guarantees that only secure software is used from a fully controlled source, in addition to avoiding possible leaks or misuse of its devices. Thus, the App Store it is the only option to get the latest applications, and its maintenance is important too.
If you don’t have the newest versions from Apple’s digital store, your downloads may fail or you may not even have access to certain software. Because of this, knowing how to update the App Store step by step and for free is a must-have for any iPhone or iPad user . Fortunately, through this tutorial we are going to help you with the process and explain everything you must do step by step to achieve it.
Download and install the new version from the Apple app store
Also, we will help you solve the possible problems that may appear when installing the updates of your apps on iPhone. If your App Store does not update the applications, we bring you several solutions with which to remedy the problem quickly and easily. Keep reading and find out everything!
The App Store it is automatically updated on iOS devices, like all the system tools that Apple includes in both iPhone and iPad updates . Therefore, to have the new updates of this digital store, you just have to make sure that there are no problems to allow this automated process .
If you want your phone to download and install the most current version from the Apple Store, be sure to check that automatic system updates are turned on . To do this, follow the steps that we are going to indicate below:
Download iTunes latest updated version
- Enter the settings menu . To do this, look for the “Settings ” icon and press it.
- Once inside this screen, scroll down until you find the “iTunes and App Store” section . Click on it to advance.
- Within the digital stores settings section, go to the “Updates” section and, if it is not activated, press the button so that it is activated.
- If you wish, you can also activate the use of the data network . To do this, a little further down you have the option “Use mobile data” . Click on its button to enable it.
Done! . From now on, all new versions of the App Store they will arrive automatically so that nothing has to be done. Its downloads and installations take place in the background while you use your phone in a conventional way.
I have problems with the App Store, it does not update the applications. How to solve it?
The App Store it has a fairly good performance and performance and lacks problems, even so, it is possible that some inconveniences related to the downloads of both apps and their updates may arise. It is common for some errors to appear, as well as for having to resort to certain solutions to solve them.
If you have errors with the App Store because it does not update the applications that you have, in this section we will explain how to solve it. You just have to follow any of the three options (or all) that we explain below:
Reboot your phone
Sometimes the problem lies in a small mismatch of the phone or a temporary failure. To fix it, if it is due to this, do the following:
- Press and hold the power button on your device.
- When the menu appears, choose the option to restart.
- Retry the failed app update.
Restart the download
On other occasions, the problem is in the process of downloading the new version itself. To fix it, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the icon of the app whose update fails . A drop-down menu will appear with various options.
- If “Resume download ” appears first , click there so that it continues its course and can finish the update. If not; Click on “Pause Download” and repeat from the beginning.
- If you see that it continues to fail, press and hold the app icon again and choose “Cancel download” . After this, restart your mobile phone and try again.
Adjust your internet connection
The iOS operating system often blocks large downloads when attempting to do so over the data connection. In these situations, what you need to do is connect to the Wi-Fi network and, if this fails, try a different one. To do this, do what we explain here:
- Go to the “Settings” menu from your terminal.
- Once inside, click on the “Wi-Fi” section .
- In this new screen, the first thing you have to do is press the “Wi-Fi” button to activate it (if it is, skip this step).
- Choose the wireless network you want to connect to, all the available ones will appear in the section available under “Select a network … “.
- Now, write the password in the pop-up window, if necessary, and accept.
- You have already connected to the new network. Try the update again.