A computer is much more than simply connecting to the Internet or doing office work. In other words, it is a small world that we must know to know how to walk in it.
A system and a PC are made up of different characteristics. Don’t you know what your computer’s are? Then you have come to the right place. Here we will show you how to access that information from the computer and the different methods that exist to extract it.
If you do not know the importance of the information that the device offers us, in the last section of this post we will explain what each of the characteristics that we can observe are for and what to do with them.
Methods to view operating system information in Windows 10
Knowing the information of our operating system allows us to know what to do with our equipment. For example, if we want to install software, we must know which version is compatible with our PC: 32-bit or 64-bit? We will obtain this information from the operating system.
Do you already know why we must have the operating system information? So that you can know the information of your OS, we leave some methods that really work.
To be able to enter the information of our system in Windows 10, this is the simplest method. To start we just have to click on the Windows 10 search engine that can take the form of a magnifying glass on our taskbar. Note that the icon is the ” Cortana “ assistant symbol .
Follow the steps:
- Entered in this we must write in the blank field “About your PC”, and we will immediately see a list of results, having first the option that we must choose.
- Clicking on “About your PC” will open a configuration window where it will show us all the information on our computer.
From “System Information”
Like the previous method, this is a very simple procedure. We just have to go to our task bar and place in the search engine “This team”.
Follow the instructions below:
- By clicking on it, a window will open where we will see the available discs.
- In the “Devices and drives” section we right click on the disk and from the drop-down list that appears we click on “Properties”.
- When we click on “Properties” we will see a window that shows us all the information about our system, from the version we use to the name of our team.
Systeminfo at CMD
In this case we will use the command prompt, many do not like to do anything with the CMD , but it is many times it provides a better result:
- In order to access the command prompt, we must press the “Windows + X” key.
- In doing so we will see a list of options, among them is ” PoweShell” (Administrator). That is the one we must select.
- The command prompt for administrators will open. To see the information we write ” Systeminfo” we press enter and we wait for all the information from our PC and operating system to load us .
What kind of information about our system will we see in this section?
We can find a lot of information from our system, but do you know what to use that information for? If you do not know the importance of what we can find.
Here we will show you what to do with the details of your system and equipment:
OS Edition and Version
In this section we will see that it shows us the type of Windows that we have installed. It should be noted that there is more than one version of Windows 10 and each one has different characteristics.
Each version of Windows 10 is adapted to a need, so if you want to change or modify any feature of your version, you will first need to know which one you have installed on your PC. For example, as you can see in the image we have Windows 10 Pro installed.
With the information of the RAM memory , we will know how much is the capacity of our equipment, how much we have occupied and the amount of space that we still have free. Knowing this is very important, since if we want to install software, we must first check whether or not we have the space so that it can function normally and does not affect the health of our PC.
If we know the processor of our equipment, we can also know what its capabilities are. So not knowing it would be a total risk that we assume if we want to start in the world of technology on the right foot.
Type of system
As we already mentioned, the type of operating system is very valuable information that we must handle if we want to install any software, since a 64-bit program cannot be executed on a computer whose system is 32-bit. Knowing this, we will know what version of programs we can install.
Knowing if our Windows operating system is active or not is of the utmost importance, because a computer that is not active cannot be updated to the new Microsoft. In addition, we are subject to different privacy hazards.