If there is something that characterizes the Windows operating system, it is that it allows users to create different user accounts in it, something really useful for when you have to share your computer with friends or family .
However, over time you may have to remove your Windows password, this can be due to different reasons. But the truth of all is that this process is luckily very easy to carry out.
It is important that you bear in mind that when you delete the user password, anyone will have access to everything on the PC. Therefore, here we explain how to perform this quick and easy procedure.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of removing Windows 7 access password?
Being able to have several user accounts on the same computer that is used by different people will undoubtedly always offer you benefits, especially since you can have greater privacy and security in all your data and personal information. Keep in mind that if you share the PC only with your family this may not be a problem, but if you share it with friends or other people it may be.
That is why here we show you the main advantages and disadvantages of removing your Windows 7 access password:
- By removing the Windows 7 access key, you will not have to remember or add this data every time you have to log in to the computer.
- It offers you quick access to the system.
- By not having an access code, you do not run the risk of forgetting it and losing access to your profile.
- By removing the password from your Windows user account, you will be losing its privacy and security , since anyone who turns on that computer will be able to access all your data and information stored there.
- You will have to share your username with anyone who accesses it.
- You will not be able to have custom applications since anyone can delete or use them and change their configuration .
Learn step by step all the methods to remove the password of a Windows 7 user easily and quickly
Currently there are different methods to eliminate the password of a Windows 7 user , which undoubtedly allows this procedure to be much easier to perform, since each person will have different alternatives to do it.
However, before carrying out this process it is important that you take into account these two aspects:
- A Win 7 user password offers you greater privacy and security in all the information and data that you have stored on your computer, since no person will be able to access it unless they have your access password .
- At the moment of eliminating said password all your information contained there will be available to anyone who accesses the equipment since it will be freely accessible . This can become a risk if you handle important data and different types of people access the PC.
In accordance with this and if for any reason you want to eliminate said password, then here we are going to teach you each of the possible ways to do it, to do this, follow each of the methods that we teach you below:
One of the most common and easy ways to remove the user password in Win 7 is without programs, in this case you can do it directly from the Windows system. However, if for some reason you have forgotten your password to access your user profile, then a solution to be able to enter and carry out this method is by using the security code reminder.
Keep in mind that for this you must have established said reminder at the time of creating the account, since this tool will help you remember the password and thus be able to access your profile to remove the password completely . To do this, you need to enter the wrong password a couple of times and Windows 7 will show you the reminder you set when you created the profile .
There you will be given a hint so that you can correctly guess the security code and thus be able to get the login. In this way, if this method has worked for you and you have been able to enter your session, then it will be necessary for you to go to the ” Control Panel “ and then to “User account” and from there you must select the option “Set a new password “ In case you want to change it or ” Delete completely “ to delete it.
From a program
If you have forgotten your Windows 7 password, you will also have the opportunity to recover it using a program. In this case, we are going to present you PassFab 4 WinKey, one of the most effective programs that stands out for being very easy to use.
In this case, you will only have to follow each of the steps that we are going to indicate below:
- The first thing you will have to do is download and install this program that will help you remove the Windows key . Therefore, once downloaded, you must execute it, there you must select the medium in which you want to burn the boot disk, either on a CD / DVD or USB, and then click on “Next”.
- Here you have to wait a few minutes while the software finishes recording. When this is finished you must remove the CD or USB depending on how you are working.
- Now you must configure the computer to boot from the drive you recorded in the previous step. To do this, you need to insert the boot disk and then when you start you must press the “F12” or “ESC” key and then select the disk or USB and press the “Enter” key .
- After these, the computer will restart, after it restarts you will have to select the Windows installation you want to work on and click on the “Next” button.
- Finally, you will need to choose the account for which you want to delete the access key and click “Next” to continue. After a few seconds the Windows 7 login password will be cleared successfully. After this, and to make sure that the changes are made, click on “Reboot” to restart the computer.
Another way to eliminate this access code is using the Win 7 command line, in this case you need a Microsoft operating system installation disc .
With this in mind, then you just have to follow each of the steps that we are going to indicate below:
- The first thing you will have to do is insert the Windows installation disk and start the PC from it. There you must select the language of the installation wizard and then click on the “Next” button.
- The next thing is to choose the option to “Repair the computer” and then select the Windows installation you want to repair. The most common in these cases is that there is only one, but it is possible that in some cases there may be several on the same computer. In the window that will appear there you will have to select the “Command Prompt”.
- Type C: and press the “Enter” key or the letter of the drive where the Windows installation is. After this you will have to execute the following commands one by one, to do this, enter them and press the enter key next.
Cd Windows Cd system32 Ren sethc.exe sethc.xxx Copy cmd.exe sethc.exe Exit
- After having entered them one by one, the following will be to restart the computer and boot it this time from the hard disk . Now from the login window you will have to press the shift key five times in a row to launch the CMD .
- There you must enter the command
control userpasswords2and in the window that opens select the user whose password you want to delete. Then click on “Reset password and enter a new password”.
- When you have done this you will be able to enter that user account again with the new password that you have established and once there you must delete the password if you want it from the control panel .
With the command netplwiz
The netplwiz command has become another very good alternative to be able to regain access to a Windows user account whose password has been forgotten. In this case, this command is available for Windows XP, Win 78, Win 8 and Win 10. In this way, the netplwiz command that is normally hosted in C: \ Windows \ System32 will give you the possibility to configure your OS for it.
In order to do this, it is necessary to execute one of these two commands from “Start”> “Run” or by pressing the “Win + R” shortcut . Keep in mind that to be able to execute this it is necessary to have administrator credentials so that the tool can be executed on the system. In the next window you will see the possible users that you can select for the login without username and password .
In this case it is necessary to disable the checkbox that indicates that “Users must enter their name and password to use the equipment”, this option by default is enabled, so you must choose the user you want to use.
After having disabled this option, you will need to click on the “Accept” button and then the system will ask you for the user’s password and save it. With this configuration, the Windows system will not ask for the username or password again when the system starts up unless the option is re-enabled.
From another user
It is very possible that you do not have a password recovery disk, so clearly you will need another alternative to be able to recover your Win 7 user profile if you do not remember your password. In this case you can use another user account with administrator permissions to remove the password from your account that you have forgotten .
To do this, you need to log into Windows with an administrator user and then follow each of these steps:
- In this case you must enter the administrator user account and from there enter “Control Panel” and then “User Accounts”, once there you must select the “Security” item and within this section “User account ” And then “ Manage another account ”.
- Then a new window will appear with the other profiles created on that computer, in this case you must select the profile for which you want to change the password and then click on the “Delete password” option. This option usually appears on the left side of your screen. .
- Now you must confirm the removal of the password, to do this click “Remove password” again.
After you have done all these steps, the next thing to do is to log out of Windows and start again with the account you just deleted the access code for. Once in there you can establish a new password or simply leave it like that with free access.
This method can be used if at the time of creating the user account you generated a Windows password reset disk , so that way you can use it to remove the password from your profile or change it to a new one if you wish. It should be noted that it is a fairly simple procedure to perform.
In this case you must enter the wrong access code several times until Windows shows you an option to “Reset password” and then it will give you the option to use the wizard to reset the password, here you just have to go next each of the instructions that appear on the screen.
At a specific moment you will be asked to insert the CD / DVD or USB stick where you generated the password reset disk and the computer will automatically restart. Once the system starts again, you must follow the instructions that appear on the screen to be able to remove the security code and when the process is finished you will have to restart the computer so that Windows can restart normally. In this case you can delete the password or change it for a new one.
With hirens boot
If you have tried all the previous methods and none of them have been successful or you are not completely convinced, then you can use hirens boot .
To do this, you will only have to follow each of the steps that we are going to indicate below:
- The first thing you should do is configure the BIOS , that is, boot the computer so that you can log in from the USB.
- The next thing will be to connect the USB that contains the hirens boot.
- Now you will have to start the system in Mini Windows XP mode.
- Once this is done, you will need to go to the HBCD Menu icon and then access “Programs” and then select “Password / Keys” and there you must go to “Windows login”. Finally, you will need to run the NTPWEdit application (ResetUser XP / Vista / 7 password).
- Then you must run the NTPWEdit 0.3 application
- Here you must click on the (RE) open button.
- Now from the “User List” box, you will have to choose the user whose access code you want to change.
- When you have already selected the correct profile, then you must click on “Change password”.
- Next you must add the new password for that profile, once defined you simply have to click on the “OK” button .
- To ensure that all changes are applied correctly, you need to click on “Save Changes “.
- To finish this procedure you will have to restart the computer and remove the USB and log in to Windows 7, there you must select the user and write the new password that you have placed. In this way you can access there and from the control panel you can delete the access code if you wish.