Having an email today is almost as important as having an identification document. On the internet, email is the gateway to access numerous platforms where you have to register, which in turn opens the door to a myriad of different services and products. Of course, without leaving out its main task, which is none other than sending and receiving emails with text, documents or any type of multimedia content.
Thus, it is easy to find a multitude of companies that are responsible for offering this email service to consumers. Here we are going to focus on the case of Yahoo, one of the pioneers in this field and in search engines, which has been providing its online messaging services to the public of the networks for more than a decade with the addition of having a large number of storage space and robust security measures to prevent the entry of undesirable third parties.
It is a system with many functions and possibilities, but it may also lack interest for people who are more attracted to proposals such as Microsoft or Google . The offer of the competition, preferring something like Gmail for being fully linked to Android devices or wanting to enjoy tools that take advantage of the possibilities of the cloud may be incentives to want to abandon the proposal of this company and lead to looking for how to delete an account from Yahoo .
Steps to cancel the Yahoo! definitely
In this guide we are going to focus on explaining how to proceed to request unsubscription from this email system, in addition to offering additional help for those who do not remember their access code or wonder if there is an alternative that does not require its use. We give all possible facilities to proceed.
To cancel your email account in Yahoo forever, you have to proceed through your computer, following an easy and fast procedure. Pay attention below and follow the guidelines that we indicate to finish the process without complications of any kind.
Delete from PC
To delete your Yahoo mail account from your PC, you have to follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and enter the following URL in the address bar: https://es.yahoo.com
- Go to the upper right corner and click “Sign in.”
- Enter the email address of your account and then the access password to enter.
- Now, go back to the address bar and click on this URL . With it, you will directly access the Yahoo account closure section .
- Read the informative text and scroll down to press the button “Continue delete my account” or “Continue to delete my account”.
- On the next screen, write the email to delete in the field provided and press the button “Yes, terminate this account” or “Yes, close my account”.
- In a few days, your account will disappear. The unsubscribe process has now been completed.
Unsubscribe from mobile (Android and iOS)
From the mobile, the process to follow is identical to the previous one. However, we are going to explain how to deactivate the synchronization of the account with the Yahoo Mail app on Android and iOS:
- Open the Yahoo Mail app on your phone.
- Once inside, click on the button to log in and enter your account details.
- In the inbox, tap the symbol with 3 horizontal lines and, within the drop-down, in “Manage accounts “.
- Click on “Account information”, within the section you want to modify.
- Now, press “Edit”, available in the upper right corner.
- Now click on the “Delete” option next to the email address you want to unlink.
- On the pop-up screen, press “Delete” again and voila, you’re done!
How to delete Yahoo mail if I have forgotten my password?
You cannot delete Yahoo mail without a password. The process to follow is the one we have explained before; but, if you do not remember the password, you will have to recover it by following these steps:
- Open your web browser and enter Yahoo! with this URL: es.yahoo.com
- Press the button “Login ” to log in .
- Write the email in the field indicated and continue.
- Now, click on “I have forgotten my password”.
- Indicate the digits that are requested from the phone linked to your account and click on “Send” . Then accept again.
- Copy the 8-digit password that you receive via SMS in the browser and press “Verify “.
- Now click on “Create a new password” and then continue.
- Now type twice what you want your new password to be to access and continue.
- Now, repeat the process explained in the previous section to delete your Yahoo! mail.
* Tip: To access the password recovery url directly, enter the following in your browser bar: https://login.yahoo.com/forgot