Instant messaging services have been in popularity in recent decades. However, from about five years ago until now, the names with the most users are WhatsApp and Telegram . The latter, somewhat less popular than the one signed by Facebook , has on its side a totally open proposal, greater versatility when sending documents and a much stronger security system, which completely guarantees the privacy of its users. For many it is the best current messaging app .
But it doesn’t always rain to everyone’s liking. Some malfunctions, such as certain crashes that have occurred globally, as well as certain gaps in the encryption system that have called into question the robustness of which it was so bragged, have caused large waves of users who decide to abandon ship.
Many, in addition, given the growing number of people who continue to use WhatsApp, have decided to go to it for the guarantee of having all their contacts. Something that, in addition, has invited them to find a way to know how to delete a Telegram account . In that sense, this guide has a lot to say . If you are one of those people who has decided to delete your profile on Telegram and do not know what to do.
Steps to close my Telegram account permanently
In this guide we take all the steps to carry out so that the process is as simple as it really is. It doesn’t matter whether you are using a computer or a mobile phone, the path is easy on both devices. Although, we anticipate it, if you think that you will be able to use your profile again once it has been deleted, you are very wrong.
The steps to close your Telegram account completely do not take more than a couple of minutes, and are completely irreversible. Before moving on to the following sections, in which we explain what you have to do to unsubscribe from your PC or from your smartphone, we recommend that you make backup copies of all important conversations, information and content.
We insist, once you delete your profile, you will not be able to recover any of that and you will lose it completely if you have not saved the data that interest you well.
Delete from PC
Deleting the Telegram account from the PC is simple. You just have to enter a portal dedicated to it and, in short, do what we are going to explain here:
- Open the web browser that you usually use and enter the URL that we leave you below: https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate . With it, you will enter the page to request the deletion of your profile in Telegram.
- In the blank space, you must enter your mobile phone number (the one used for your account), preceded by the prefix that corresponds to your country. Press “Next ” once you have done it.
- Open Telegram and you will see that a message with a code has arrived . Copy it, since you will have to return to the browser and enter it in the space provided for it in order to confirm your unsubscribe request .
- Then, you will have to write the reason for leaving Telegram. After doing so, press the button with the word “Done”.
- You have now finished deleting your Telegram account . From now on, if you want to use this instant messaging system, you will have to create a new profile.
Unsubscribe from mobile (Android and iOS)
Telegram relies entirely on the app for Android and iOS that is available to users; however, the only way to delete the profile is as on PC, following these steps:
- Open your smartphone’s web browser to enter this URL: https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate . You will enter the web to delete your profile.
- In the blank, write your mobile phone number and then press “Next “.
- Open Telegram and you will see a message with a code. Copy it and return to the browser to enter it in the field that appears on the screen on the web before.
- Write the reason why you are leaving Telegram in the new space. Then press the button with the word “ Done ”.
- You have already completely deleted your Telegram account, and there is no going back.
Is it possible to recover a deleted Telegram account?
We place special emphasis on the importance of protecting and making backup copies of all the important information that you usually handle in Telegram because, if you dare to delete your account, you will not be able to recover it in any way . Once you carry out the deletion process and finish it, the system deletes your profile completely, along with all the information linked to it.