If you need to keep track of your day to day, where you can organize all the pending activities to be carried out, as well as the schedules of each one, it is best to prepare an agenda where you specify all the details of your days.
Within the Office suite, you can create a personalized agenda according to your needs. In this opportunity, we will teach you how to do it directly in Microsoft Excel .
Generally speaking, there are two ways to create an agenda. You can do it manually or through templates that are already included in Excel, or that you can download on the Internet. Here we explain how to create an agenda in Excel quickly and easily!
Steps to create an agenda that allows you to organize your sessions in Excel
Keeping your day-to-day organized can help you optimize your work time and any other type of activities you do day after day. With the help of Excel, you can create agendas and calendars to have everything under control.
Here’s how you can do it:
With a template
The easiest and fastest way to do it is with the help of templates previously designed and with which you only have to fill in the information . The use of them may vary a bit depending on your computer and the version of Office you work with.
In this sense, the steps to create an agenda in Excel with a template are:
- Enter in Excel .
- Click on “File” in the toolbar.
- Click “New” in the File menu . A menu of options will be displayed next to the document spreadsheet .
- Select “My Computer” from the options menu.
- Go to “Template” and take a look at all the available templates .
- Choose the template you prefer.
- Click on “Ok” and fill in the information you need.
- Save and print in case you want.
Apart from that, keep in mind that if the default Excel templates are not to your liking, you can download other models on the Internet.
There is another way by which inexperienced users with design programs can create their personalized agendas according to their needs . It consists of doing it with the help of Excel . You may find yourself with some limitations, but we will explain step by step how to create an agenda manually with Excel without problems.
Then follow these steps:
- Open a new spreadsheet in Excel.
- Go to the Design / Margins tab and click on Custom Margins . When the box opens, enter the Pages window and choose Landscape orientation .
- Then, in the same box go to Margins and in the “Center on the page” section, select both Horizontally and Vertically. Also in the margin measurements, write “1 cm” on each one. For Header and Footer, enter “0” (zero). Click on “Accept” .
- The sheet will be delimited with lines that indicate the dimensions of the agenda .
- In the spreadsheet, select columns A, B and C, right click and in “Column width” type “4 cm” and click OK. Do the same with columns E, F and G . In the case of column D, don’t alter anything yet .
- Choose the first and second cells in each column and customize it with the color you want by entering the Home tab and then clicking on the paint pot .
- Select the first cells of each column, right click and modify the height in the Row Height option . Write the value “1 cm” .
- In the first cell of each column, write the different days of the week. In the case of Sunday, you must do it in row G, cell number 19 and 20 .
- Select the other rows and change the height of them back to a value of “0.5 cm” .
- To start designing the boxes where the tasks are written, you have to select in each row the number of cells that you consider necessary to write the activities. For example: (A3: A8).
- Once selected, go to the Excel “Format” section , under the “Cells” option and choose the fill in the “Fill” section if you want to. You can also simply change the colors on the Home tab.
- Do the same procedure in each section, that is ( A9: A14 and A15: A20 ). When you already have the design of an entire row, you can copy and paste in the others to apply the same format .
- In the case of the last row, that is, row G, you must select three cells above “Sunday”, right click, press Insert and choose the option “Shift cells down” . This way, the Sunday sign will go down a bit.
- Then copy the design of the other rows from cell 2 to 20 and paste it in row G. If you notice that there is a space left, simply right click on that cell and delete it.
- Copy the designs in cells 3 through 20 again and paste them under the Sunday sign . As you can see, cells are sticking out of the dotted box on the spreadsheet . The ideal way to make everything fit is to eliminate cells on Saturday and Sunday until they fit.
- You will be able to appreciate that the spaces for Saturday and Sunday will be a little reduced compared to the other days, but the whole design goes back into the initial box. We recommend that for these days, you put the same colors in the cells in order to differentiate them from the rest of the week.
- On each of the days, select the entire row and put outer borders on it .
- Select the entire row D and go to Format, and in Cells choose the format you want for the entire row.
- In the other cells that are left below the days of the week, you can place other boxes such as “Notes” and others. Remember that everything depends on your needs.
- One point to consider is that the lines on the spreadsheet are not printed . Only those in which you place borders are visible . However, if you want to get a better idea of what it will look like, you can choose those cells and fill them with white .
- Lastly, copy all that formatting and paste it right after the guidelines to have two faces .
- Print and go.
Remember that throughout your design, you can customize the fonts, size, colors, borders and much more according to your tastes. You can even add images, frames, etc.
List of the best templates to create personalized agendas in Microsoft Excel
There are many kinds of agendas that you can use in your day to day to organize different activities that include your work, lifestyle, health, food and much more.
Therefore, we share a list with the best templates to create personalized agendas in Excel:
It is one of the simplest and most common agendas . With it you can organize all the tasks of the week day by day . It has holes in each hour, to write appointments or meetings in each hour .
Blank daily calendar
With this template, the day is divided into half-hour chunks . In this way, you can keep a record of tasks, appointments, calls and others that you have pending in a day.
It is an excellent alternative if you are going to start a new project and do not want to overlook any detail . Through this template, you can set daily goals, add tasks, due dates, write notes, among others.
It is an ideal type of diary to record your meals, training routines, nutritional supplements, among other aspects related to monitoring your lifestyle.
With the help of this template, you can divide your expenses into up to 10 different categories and they are separated as the checks from the user’s record are paid.
Personal monthly budget
It is perfect to control the entry and exit of money that you have each month. It is a very complete template in which you will have a record of what you spend in relation to what you earn .
Priority task list
It is very beneficial to prioritize your different daily tasks, organized in order . It is very simple and is available in PDF format to print and fill out by hand .