The Windows 7 operating system allows you to create accounts for several users to have access to different types of settings at the same time, according to each person.
But this is not all, you can also create different hierarchical levels to improve privacy and control of the computer . If you want to know how it is done and what are the advantages of using this tool, we invite you to continue reading.
You can find in the following paragraphs the number of user accounts that can be created in the same Windows and the step by step to have more than one profile.
What are the benefits of creating new user accounts in Windows 7?
When you have different accounts on your Windows 7 computer, you can get these benefits:
- You will have the possibility that several people can use the same equipment, so you will save money significantly.
- Each user will have their account personalized on a single computer. This will allow you to have a different wallpaper and a theme configured according to the taste of each one.
- The files and documents will be stored for each account, so that a user who is not the creator of that file will not be able to access it from their profile. This has the benefit of increasing the privacy of the information.
- There is no need to make general settings for each account . In other words, entering the WiFi key only once will work for all users. This also applies to other items, for example the lock screen activation timeout .
- As there are different levels of user, not everyone will be able to install or delete programs, since this task is exclusive to the administrator account.
How many user accounts can be created on the same Windows?
There are 3 types of accounts that you can create in the same Windows operating system. The main one is called Administrator, and it has privileges to install and remove programs, change key settings, and create the other types of accounts. The other type of user that you can find in Windows is called Standard, which has access to a large part of the computer, but cannot modify privileges or change important settings.
Finally, you can find the Guest account , with which the person does not have an assigned name and can only perform limited tasks. Therefore, on a Microsoft operating system, there can be any number of Administrator and other user accounts you want . You must bear in mind that this number will be limited according to the capacity of the computer. It is not recommended to have more than one Administrator account , this is to strengthen the privacy of the users and the control of the computer.
Learn step by step how to create new user accounts in Windows 7
To create new user accounts in Windows 7 you must do this step by step:
- Click on the start menu and go to the Windows control panel .
- Find the option Add or remove User accounts and click on it. This will open a window called Account Manager .
- In the new pop-up box you will have to select the Create a new account tool .
- Enter the name that the user will have.
- Choose the privileges that you will have . To do this, you must choose between Standard User or Administrator .
- To finish, click on Create account .
When you want to change the access password to the account you just created, you will have to follow this guide:
- In the control panel select Manage account .
- Click on the username in which you want to edit the account.
- Choose the Make changes to [user name] account option .
- Make click Create a password .
- Enter the password in the New password and Confirm new password fields .
- Then click on Create password .
In case you want to edit the user’s photo, you will have to follow the same steps, but choose the option Change the image . This will take you to choose a default image or if you want to change it to a custom one, you will have to click on Find more images . This will bring up the file explorer and you can select the image you want. To finish, you will have to click on Change the image and finally on OK .