The possibility offered Discord to create chat servers makes it an extremely versatile tool, especially when it comes to consoles. If you want to know how to connect Discord with your Xbox and PlayStation console, keep reading this step-by-step guide .
Discord gives you the opportunity to chat through text, voice and video, while playing your favorite games . Thus, you can meet up with your friends to organize online games completely free of charge.
You can not only find it in its desktop version and for mobile devices. In addition, you have the option to connect your account with your preferred console . If you want to learn how to do it correctly, keep reading.
Learn step by step how to connect Discord with your Xbox or PlayStation consoles from scratch
Discord is a perfect combination of several applications in the same place, to find the most efficient functions that make your games more dynamic. If you want to learn the step by step of how to connect Discord with your Xbox or PlayStation consoles from scratch, here is a practical tutorial.
Go for it:
The process to connect Discord on the Xbox One console is a fairly straightforward task. The application has a version compatible with the Xbox system . All you have to do is link your account.
The steps to follow are:
- Enter to the menu on the Xbox One .
- Click on “Settings . “
- Select “Social media accounts . “
- Select and link your Discord account with the Xbox One .
- The generating system with a security PIN, which you must enter in the App of Discord. The PIN will only be active for a limited time.
Sony’s flagship console , meanwhile, does not have an official App compatible with the PlayStation 4. There is currently no simple method to link these platforms. However, users of both have found a cost-effective solution to connect Discord with the PlayStation .
To carry it out, you will need some extra devices:
- Audio mixer . It is a device that is responsible for balancing and controlling game audio and voice. Some example models are: Astro Gaming MixAmp TXD and MixAmp Pro TR.
- USB cable .
- Headphones with optical cable that support USB connection.
The goal is to move the audio coming from the console to the audio mixer . For the process to be effective, you must configure the PlayStation 4 system and Discord preferences correctly.
The steps to follow are:
- Turn on your PlayStation 4.
- Plug one end of the optical cable into the console, and the other end into the audio mixer. You must make sure to configure the mixer in console mode.
- Go to the PS4 menu and go to “Settings . “
- Select the “Sound and screen” tab . In this section you must configure the audio output.
- Then change the main output to the optical output . You must also choose the audio format.
- Return to the “Configuration” menu and enter “Devices” .
- Open the audio device . The headphone output should appear as “Audio Chat.”
- Now you must associate the audio mixer with the computer . To do this, switch the MixAmp to PC mode. Then connect it via USB.
- Open the Discord App on your computer.
- In the app, change the voice input settings so that the audio mixer can be detected. Select the headphones you use.
- To listen to the audio, it is necessary to connect the 3.5mm cable from the mixer to the PC. This way you get the sound to be redirected to the MixAmp.
- Finally, in “Output devices” leave it as “Default” or select the computer speakers.
- Enjoy your games on the PlayStation 4 with your friends through Discord.
Find out how to link your Steam account to Discord to buy your favorite games
Discord and Steam are the two most popular platforms in the gaming world . For this reason, we are going to show you how to link your Steam account to Discord to buy your favorite games .
The process is extremely easy, since both applications cooperate correctly:
Launch the Discord App
To start the Discord app, first open the app on your computer. Then click on the “User Settings” icon . That option is located at the bottom left of the screen.
The settings menu appears on the screen . Here you can make any changes that you think are convenient. It is also the section where you get the option to connect Steam with Discord. To do so, click on “Connections” . It is the fourth option in the menu, and it is located just below “Authorized applications” .
Connect with Steam
A new sub-menu opens on the screen. Here you can connect your Discord account with any of the available platforms, such as Twitch , Facebook , YouTube , among others . You must click on the Steam icon . Next, Discord will ask you to confirm your account. You must provide your email address and password. Finally, you will have managed to link both platforms.