Windows 8 allows you to manually and automatically configure the date and time of your computer . This will help you to connect to the Internet correctly and to work with documents where you need a timestamp.
In order for you to carry out this task, it will be necessary for you to read the article that we have prepared for you. You will be able to know the importance of having the time and date updated .
But this is not all you will find in this post, we will also explain the step by step of how to change the time zone and the Internet time .
Why is it important to have up-to-date time and date?
When you set the date and time on your Windows 8 computer, you will not be in danger of affecting the Internet connection. This is because your team must synchronize the transfer of data with the server where the page is hosted. That is, if this information is not compatible, it is likely that you have problems with the website you want to visit. Both the updates of the programs that you have installed on your computer and the backup copies will be affected if you do not correct the time and date of your computer.
You should not forget that the antivirus will also undergo changes and will present incompatibilities if you have errors on the day and on the schedule. Finally, if you have to work with files from special programs (such as Microsoft Excel) in which you need to incorporate a time stamp, it will be affected considerably, since the information you add will not be correct.
Learn step by step how to change the time and date on your Windows 8 PC
To change the date and now of your PC with a Windows 8 operating system you will have to perform this step by step that we show you below:
Set time zone
If you want to set the time zone you must follow this guide:
- Go to the Charms bar and choose Settings .
- Then click on Change PC settings .
- Find Time and Language and click on this function.
- Select Set date and time .
- Go to the Date and Time tab .
- Choose Change time zone … and click on it.
- Choose in the Time zone field in the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply and then OK .
Update with internet time
When you need to update the Internet time, follow this step by step:
- Right-click on the clock on the taskbar .
- Go to the Internet Time tab .
- Tap Change Internet time .
- Choose the option you need.
- Click Apply and finally OK for the changes to take effect.
Change date and time manually
To manually change the date and time on your Windows 8 computer, perform this task:
- Go to the shortcut menu on your computer.
- Select PC Settings .
- Click Time and language .
- Find the Date and time option and click on it.
- Go to the Auto Set Time feature and turn it off.
- Click Change .
- Manually enter the date and time you want, then click Change .