This is a process that has evolved with each of the Windows updates , but in its two most recent versions it has become more difficult to access it. Taking into account that it allows the computer’s operating system to be started using only the fundamental drivers and their standard Microsoft configuration. This is especially done to correct errors when the computer has been shut down incorrectly or in cases where the computer does not want to start.
Commonly when this type of problem happens, the most frequent or common is to reinstall the operating system or in that case format the computer, but these are longer solutions. That is why it is considered that using the safe or failsafe mode as it was previously known, this being one of the fastest ways to remove those updates or errors that are causing the computer to not work properly .
Keep in mind that this procedure is not usually as simple as others, that is why we have decided to explain step by step how you can start Windows 10 in safe mode in order to improve the functionality of your computer. To carry this out, you just have to follow all the steps that we will explain below.
Steps to start the Windows 10 operating system in safe or fail-safe mode
Keep in mind that this is a basic state where the Windows system will only be in charge of using a set of necessary drivers in order to help you solve the problems you are having with your PC.
The safe mode is recommended to use it especially when we install an application or program and automatically the computer begins to present some failures in its operating system, whether it begins to restart or turn off or having some type of erroneous behavior . In this case, this method should be used to be able to eliminate that application or program that is causing the problem.
This method can also be used when your computer is infected with viruses, where you can start a failsafe and perform a scan and then clean the computer. In order to carry out this process, you just have to follow the following steps:
1 – Restart the computer
To begin with the startup process, the first thing to do is restart the computer, for this you have to follow the following steps:
- To start you must go to Start . This is a tool that will allow you to solve your Windows startup problems.
- Once you are in the menu, you are going to press the button with the “Off” symbol .
- Then you will see three options (4 if you have activated the Hibernate option ) where you must choose “Restart” .
- Once your computer’s operating system is restarting, you must start pressing the F8 key repeatedly . It is important to bear in mind that this key may vary depending on the manufacturer of your computer. After a few seconds a new window will appear.
2 – Starting W10 in Safe Mode
After a few seconds the system will start to boot and this is where the configuration begins through this method to be able to solve the problems of the PC .
- On the main screen a blue menu will appear with several options, there you will select “Troubleshoot”.
- Now a new screen will appear where you will choose “Advanced options”.
- Again the system will show you another screen with 6 options, once here you will click on “Startup Settings” .
- Now you will see a list with all the options that are available to boot the operating system. Among the list you will find the option to “Enable in safe mode” . We click on the button at the bottom right of the “Restart” screen .
- Once this is done, the operating system will start to restart again.
- After a few seconds, a blue screen will appear again with a list of all the options already listed that are initially available. To be able to choose any of them, you only have to press the number of the option, in this case it is number 4 that enables this type of startup in W10.
- Once we press the number 4, the system will start to restart automatically, we wait a few seconds-minutes, in these cases patience is our ally.
3 – Start Safe Mode
- After a few seconds the login screen will appear in Windows 10 . Now you just have to click on the account you want to enter ( normally you have to choose the one with Administrator permissions ), fill in the access fields and press the “Enter” button .
- Once logged in, the entire Windows 10 desktop will be displayed on the screen , you may notice that it will look a little different, since your desktop customization has disappeared, the margins are usually reduced and on the side margin left at the bottom will indicate that you are in this mode.
Once all this series of steps has been completed, you will find yourself in the failure test which will help especially for all those people who have problems with the operation of their equipment .
Once they are inside this method, you will be able to repair all those problems that are causing the errors within your Windows system.
What if my Windows computer doesn’t work? How do I access Safe Mode on W10?
When the computer starts up, there is usually not much problem to be able to enter this mode, but if you are in the case that your computer does not work or does not start and you want to carry out this method but you do not know how to do it? That is why we will teach you how to solve this problem by following these steps:
Force the team
When the computer does not work, the steps that must be carried out are different since the system does not allow us to access, for this we are going to force the restart of the PC in the following way.
- To begin this process and be able to reach the advanced options, you must restart the computer several times in a row, for this the Ctrl + Alt + Delete or Delete keys will be used or in that case turning off and on several times with the power key.
- This is done to be able to force the computer and thus gain access to the system recovery options.
Once this is done, an options menu should start on the computer screen in order to start this process. But, if doing this is not enough and the computer does not start, another step must be applied.
Force the computer from the installation disc
If the above method did not work, in this case you have to boot the system using an installation disc. This can come in USB or an optical (disk) format.
To carry out this you must follow the following steps:
- Turn off the computer and insert the bootable CD or USB just before turning your computer back on.
- Now to enter the boot menu ( Boot Menu ) you have to press a key, this varies from one computer to another, some options are:
- In this way, you can choose the boot option, sometimes you will have to configure the BIOS beforehand to be able to access it from the chosen media, either boot from USB or Disk.
- Once the correct key has been pressed, the following message will appear: “Press any key to start from DVD / USB or CD” after that moment, only the indications shown on the screen should be followed.
Keep in mind that after this step the “Windows 10 startup in safe mode” will appear again , where you will have to repeat all the aforementioned steps until you can start the computer in order to repair all the problems that are causing the malfunction of the team.