Printer manufacturers are clear that the current market is not just based on which computer has more functions. This is because, in addition, its users seek the greatest possibility of printing from anywhere in the fastest and easiest way possible.
Multifunctional printers are one of the most widely used today. They are capable, not only, of providing high-quality prints in texts and images, but also offer the possibility of scanning documents and photographs.
However, after that, most do not offer greater versatility when it comes to establishing different types of connection on the device to be used.
Manufacturers would continue to innovate models with more and more tools in their interface, until, finally, they incorporated varieties in terms of the type of connection. In this way, not only could a printer be installed via a USB cable, but also via a wireless network.
This was a huge quality leap in the market and the competition was not long in coming. The advantages of having a printer capable of being installed and configured through a wireless network are several:
- Allows you to alternate its location, since, as long as it can receive the wireless signal from the Router, it will work without problems.
- Offers the ability to print remotely. This advantage, in particular, was optimized over time. Mainly, it could be printed from anywhere in your home or office, as long as the computer and the printer were connected to the same network, but then new tools emerged that offered printing at greater distances and through different networks.
- A workgroup can use the same printer wirelessly, so no single device is required to print documents.
Use a Printer on different devices
This is, perhaps, one of the most important advantages of maintaining the installation and configuration of a printer through a WiFi network. However, little is said about her.
It is extraordinary and essential that the same printer can be used on different devices : desktops, tablets, laptops and smartphones. Which makes work easier and speeds up waiting times to get a document.
Installation and configuration
The printer setup and setup process may vary by manufacturer and model. However, it is not usually too difficult a process, and here you can have an explanation of each of them.
Desktops and Laptops
These computers could serve as centrals for the printer. In general, all printers come with an installation CD which you will insert into your desktop or laptop computer.
If you do not have it or it is already very used and your computer does not read it, don’t worry, you can also find the installer on the manufacturer’s website.
- Once you start the installation process, you just have to follow all the instructions that appear, until you reach the point where you have to determine the type of connection of the printer, selecting the wireless connection option.
- Select the network you want to connect to (if there are several) and provide any other information that the installer requires to complete it successfully.
- Remember that, in this type of installation, the printer and the computer must be connected to the same network.
Tablets and Smartphones
In the case of these mobile devices, the way in which you can interlace them to the printer can be even easier and faster than in computers.
- Mainly, you must have Google Chrome.
- Through that browser, you can use the Cloud Print tool .
- You just have to open the browser and write Chrome: // devices
- Click on the option to add printers.
- Upon completion of the setup process, your printer is ready to be used on your tablet or smartphone.
- You can also use the Google Cloud Print app.
This is an alternative that you can also apply on your laptop, in case you are in another place and need to use the printer in your office or home to be able to print a document.