Currently in our society with the use of smartphones we are increasingly connected, they help us to communicate with anyone we want from anywhere in the world, even in different ways such as chats of messages, audio, images, video calls , etc. But we owe this not only to smartphones, but precisely to instant messaging apps.
These messaging apps could be said to be an evolution of the classic social networks, since these, like social networks, help us to communicate but in a much more direct way, since their central function is the exchange of messages between people or directly in a group of several members, there are many messaging apps but today we will focus specifically on the Signal application.
Signal, an alternative to other messaging apps
Signal is an instant messaging app that was born in 2014, by Matthew Rosenfeld, although on the internet he is known by his nickname Moxie Malrinspike, Matthew is famous in the internet world for being a specialist in computer security, this from the In 2010 I was working on an app called TextSecure, which was also a messaging app, which evolved and became Signal in 2014.
What distinguishes Signal from the rest of the messaging apps is precisely its security sections and encryption protocols, which are currently considered the strongest and safest encryption security in all messaging apps on the internet, this came to such level that when the controversy occurred months ago with WhatsApp and its terms of conditions, the renowned Elon Musk recommended it as the best chat app.
Signal, like the other instant messaging applications, has great new functions, these range from allowing us to activate the dark mode to the possibility of silencing notifications , such as functions that the WhatsApp application also has, it is a fact that currently Each app has a base model of what functions each should have to generally satisfy the user.
Undoubtedly this messaging app is starting to take off, to become more and more known, it promises a lot and can become a favorite app like WhatsApp, however, many users comment that they have searched for it in the Google Play Store and it does not appear to them However, if you want to have it, there are solutions for it, if we can download the Telegram apk we can also download Signal without the need for Google Play Store.
What are the requirements to download Signal without using the Play Store?
Depending on the operating system your mobile has, it will be necessary to meet certain requirements when downloading Signal.
- Your mobile must have Android 4.4 or another more advanced.
- Have internet access.
- The Google account and the Play Store must be the same.
- Have storage space of at least 50 MB.
- Have iOS from version 11.1.
- Log into your iTunes.
- For the update process, have the same Apple ID that you used the first time when you downloaded the application.
- Have an account already registered on your android or iOS to be able to link it to Signal Desktop.
- Verify that Signal is compatible with your operating system (Windows 64bits: 7,8,8.1 and 10) (macOS 10.12 and advanced).
How to download Signal App for Android mobiles?
Download Signal in APK format
- If the Signal app is not available in the Google Play Store, it may be due to many factors, but the main one is because your mobile is not compatible with this application, therefore the Google store does not recommend or let you view the application, however It is not impossible to obtain it, there are sites where we can download this application.
- All this through the apk, the apk is the extension or file type of all the applications of Android phones, pages such as apkpure or uptodown have a catalog of the main applications of our Android devices.
- What we will do is go to any of these web pages, look for the signal app that ends in apk extension, select the latest version available and we will download it.
- You just have to go to trustworthy pages, for example, apk mirror or apk pure, search for Signal and download this instant messaging app without necessarily having to use the Play Store.
Steps to install Signal on any Android mobile
Once the apk is downloaded, you will ask yourself , How do I install it on my cell phone? It is a simple process, if you downloaded the apk from your pc you can simply transfer it to your Android with a USB cable, if you downloaded it from your phone better because you already have it in your Android storage.
The next thing to do is go to the Settings of our cell phone and go to the section about our phone, once inside we will get the detailed information of our cell phone, among these we will find the version of our system, this we must select it several times until that a count ends, when this count ends it will give us authorization to the developer settings.
Here we will look for the option to allow installation from unknown sources, once activated, we look for the Signal application, press it , click on install and it will be installed in our Android in a moment.
How can I update Signal to the latest version?
Just as it is easy to download Signal text messaging to your Android, it is also easy to update it. To make sure you have the newest version of Signal you just have to look for its official page and look for the most recent version.
Is it possible to download Signal for Windows pc? – How to do it?
As well as whatsapp or telegram, signal can be started from your computer, you just have to have your account already registered by your Android phone beforehand .
If your computer has Windws, you just have to follow the following steps for the application to start correctly:
- Register the account on your Android.
- Go to the Signal website and click download signal.
- Choose the Signal for desktop option and the download begins.
- Follow the instructions that will appear on the screen after downloading.
- Finally, scan the QR code that will appear on your computer (enter the mobile app, click on settings – linked devices).